About this Role
At Fandom, this Software Engineer II will be part of our D&D Beyond team. D&D Beyond is the official digital toolset for Dungeons & Dragons fifth edition & aims to enhance the D&D experience by making game management easier for players both at the table & between sessions. Players can create, manage, & keep track of characters, as well as browse all of the official rules in the compendium. Were also giving players the ability to create custom homebrew content to use in the toolset.
Our D&D Beyond team is seeking an experienced software engineer to join the Tabletop RPG team at Fandom & work on digital companions for the worlds greatest role-playing games. We are excited to take the next steps in realizing our extensive vision for Tabletop gamingcontinuing to bring the most convenience, customization, & captivation to the TRPG community we can.
- Write maintainable, high-quality features in a team-based development environment
- Use a shared code base with peer reviews & pull requests
- Write & maintains unit & integration tests
- Assist with improving code integration & deployment processes
- Participate & occasionally lead planning, daily stand-ups, & retrospectives
- Adhere to & improve processes & coding standards
- Create & maintain project documentation
- Work in an environment where you have a direct influence on product & technical decisions
- Learn from & mentor other passionate engineers with diverse skill sets in a collaborative team environment
- Delight millions of D&D players who are eager to use our products
- A willingness to seek & provide constructive feedback
- An ability to work with distributed teams in different time zones
- Experience building high quality solutions with modern web technologies such as React/Redux, HTML5, & Sass
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs using industry-standard best practices
- Experience contributing to & consuming NPM libraries, both internal & open source
- Experience writing maintainable, & unit-tested code at scale
- Experience researching & learning new technologies & sharing your knowledge with your peers
Bonus Points if You Have Experience With...
- Running or playing in your own Dungeons & Dragons games.
- CSS preprocessors (Sass, PostCSS)
- Responsive design
- Cross-browser support
- Feature flags
- Web animations
- Inline SVG
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 300 million monthly unique users & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video. Our Fandom values are:
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer