Founded in 2013, GIPHY is the first & largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, & pop culture moments make todays expression, entertainment, & info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, & more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack & WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for talented people to join us.
What Were Looking For:
GIPHY is looking for a Social Media Coordinator (contract) to support the Social Media team.
- Create & schedule original on-brand copy (across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Tumblr, Reddit, etc.) for all of GIPHYs social brands.
- Support GIPHYs Social Team in creation, coordination, & monitoring of realtime social coverage & timely content, including nights & weekends.
- Develop & maintain GIPHYs Social Content Calendar on a daily basis to further community engagement across all platforms.
- Monitor all of GIPHYs social mentions & engage with our growing social communities. This also includes flagging & reporting inbounds to the wider team during work hours & off-hours.
- Do competitive research to find new ideas & industry best practices
- Moderate & engage with the social communities across GIPHYs social media platforms
- Track & report on all timely pop culture trends to the wider team.
- Research & track our KPIs to optimize company goals
- This position includes some administrative responsibilities
Who You Are
- At least 1-2 years experience in social media; social media experience at an entertainment brand/publication preferred but not required.
- Keen eye for visual design & an understanding of GIPHYs brand aesthetic.
- Proficient in social media copywriting & content creation & clear understanding of social management & analytics platforms
- A strong passion for pop culture, a motivated self-starter, & lover of funny memes & GIFs aka the whole internet
- A clear understanding of GIPHY, its products, & GIFs in general.
- Must be willing to work on-site at our NYC location; with the ability to work on weeknights & weekends.
- Knowledge of programs like Photoshop, Premiere, Final Cut Pro, is preferred but not required.
This is a 40 hours per week 6 month contract position