* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring Software Engineering Interns for our Full Stack Team, to work anywhere in the technical stack, delivering high-quality code on both the frontend & backend. Full Stack Interns will get the chance to collaborate with a variety of teams in an environment where creativity & innovation are critical to success. Interns on this team will work on anything from prototyping brand new products, to maintaining & developing our user-facing desktop & mobile applications.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work with the product teams to understand end-user needs, formulate use cases, & then translate into pragmatic & effective technical solutions
- Solve & deliver solutions to difficult problems
- Collaborate with product managers & other teams to implement new product features
- Produce clean, well-tested & well-documented code
- Prototyping potential future products
- Working on creating dynamic web UIs as well as working on both mobile & desktop applications
- Collaborate with engineering teams to develop seamless, user-friendly end results
- Quality is a must, you care about the end product & the process of getting there
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science from an accredited university (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in at least one typed language (Java preferred)
- Familiarity with web frameworks (specifically Angular) a plus
- Knowledge of Typescript a huge plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.