Maven is the virtual clinic dedicated to womens & family health. Named to CB Insights Digital Health 150, Mavens leading family benefits platform both advances women in the workplace & empowers every pathway to parenthood, making it easier for parents to start & grow a family during a critical time in their careers. Founded in 2014, Maven operates the largest proprietary womens & family health telehealth network in the country, & has raised $42m in capital from top investors including Sequoia & Oak HC/FT. Named to Incs 2019 Female Founders 100, CEO Kate Ryder & Mavens majority female Board of Directors are committed to building a company that offers expert, convenient, & compassionate care wherever you are, whenever you need it.
Maven is looking for a Strategic Sales Associate to work with our Sales & Growth teams to prospect & identify key decision-makers at target companies & establish successful, long lasting relationships from the ground up. The role of the Strategic Sales Associate is to provide support to the assigned Strategic Market Regional Vice President/s through the entire sales process, from the top of the funnel lead generation through procurement, contract execution & internal transition to Mavens Implementation & Client Success team members. The Strategic Sales Associate should be a self starter, eager to move forward within the Maven organization & will be directly responsible for bringing in new sales business leads. As the front lines to the sales process, the Strategic Sales Associate is a key driver of growth for the company.
As a Strategic Sales Associate at Maven, you will:
- Generate new business opportunities by finding & qualifying leads through cold phone calls, email, re-engaging existing contacts, research, & inbound leads from the website
- Work closely with Strategic Sales Directors to create meetings & accelerate deals. You will also be responsible in assisting RFP & RFI responses.
- Partner with the team lead to analyze the performance of campaigns & activity to optimize outreach efforts
- Become a Maven expert & be able to articulate our value proposition to anyone who asks (or who doesnt ask)
- Act as the subject matter expert on Mavens product offerings/solution development skills
- Manage & track your pipeline using our best in class CRM tools
- Help develop & implement strategic sales plans & stay current with client needs, competition, & industry trends
- Facilitate client requirements meetings both in person and/or remotely using current online presentation applications
- Develop market analysis to identify customer needs, target markets & competitive advantages
- Deliver sales presentations/proposals to prospective clients with a successful closing rate
- Develop a consultant/broker strategy within a defined geographic region
- Contribute to the process & play an active role in its execution. Monthly updates should be submitted to the CRO to demonstrate focus & progression in our largest revenue generating market segment.
Were looking for you to bring:
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2-4 years experience as a Sales Development Representative, Strategic Sales Associate or similar role; experience in B2B technology sales a plus!
- Track record of achieving Sales Development Representative (SDR) quotas
- Highly motivated with strong sales skills including over the phone & interpersonal skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Strong follow-up & presentation skills that engage audiences
- Experience with sales tools & software, including: Microsoft & Google office suite, Salesforce, Zoominfo & SalesLoft
Helpful experiences & skills (if you dont have them, you can learn them with us!):
- Passion to learn & grow in a startup environment
- Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, & communication is preferred
- Experience working with key stakeholders in healthcare: brokers, benefits admin. platforms, exchanges, etc.
At Maven we believe that a diverse set of backgrounds & experiences enrich our teams & allow us to achieve above & beyond our goals. If you do not have experience in all of the areas detailed above, we hope that you will share your unique background with us in your application & how it can be additive to our teams.
Benefits & Perks:
Maven employees are united in their quest to improve the health & well-being of women & their families in our community. We seek to empower all of our team members to fulfill that mission & reach their full potential regardless of function, geography or experience level. Thats why we invest in our employees, who are our most important asset in achieving our mission. To that end, we offer:
- Choice of great medical, dental, & vision insurance plan options, including a plan for which the premium for employees is 100% covered by Maven
- 401(k) plan
- Unlimited paid time off
- Free One Medical membership
- Monthly stipend for your choice of wellness benefits
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- 12 weeks parental leave & 2 weeks flexible time upon return
- Annual professional development stipend
- Access to the Maven platform service & free Maven appointments for employees, family & friends
- Weekly team lunches & bagel breakfasts
- Bottomless office snacks & regular happy hours
- Annual company offsite
- 1 month paid sabbatical after 5 years
Maven is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.