The Ad Operations Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the strategy, trafficking setup, & delivery of Group Nine Medias direct digital marketing campaigns throughout our brand websites, newsletters, & across our content partner distribution landscape . In addition to supporting the day-to-day operational needs of the Sales & Account Management team, this individual will design & consult on campaign setup to help reach & execute our clients media KPIs.
Success in this role requires strong analytical, problem-solving, & people skills. The ability to be solution-oriented & to communicate effectively at multiple levels both internally & within client agency businesses is essential. The individual should be self-motivated, have the ability to work both independently & in teams, & balance a workload that consists of detail-oriented digital campaign execution processes. Attention to detail & the ability to remain focused under pressure are key capabilities in this role.
- Utilize 3rd party ad tags ranging from simple creative setups, including standard desktop display, mobile, & 1x1 tracking, to more intricate creative setups, including but not limited to video, native, & custom creative to accurately traffic & manage media execution across sites & platforms.
- Consistently deliver thorough campaign & creative QA & troubleshooting services for ad-hoc internal & client tagging, tracking, & reporting issues.
- Become the expert on our internal site specs & product offerings.
- Translate marketing requirements into technical solutions & requirements & vice versa.
- Collaborate with multiple departments such as Ad Tech Product Engineers, Editorial Assistants (EAs), & Designers to create all custom elements per campaign.
- Monitor 3rd party ad server reporting alongside the Revenue Operations team leads & provide updates.
- Provide process improvements & recommendation; translate business strategy & requirements into operational requirements; keep detailed documentation on various processes for team development.
- Business-minded with strong written & verbal communication skills.
- 1+ years of experience with DFP/Google Ad Manager, as well as experience with other 3rd party ad serving & tracking systems including DCM/DFA, Sizmek, Verification & Brand Safety vendors: MOAT, DoubleVerify (DV), Integral Ad Science (IAS) etc.
- Working knowledge of Programmatic operations & strategy a plus.
- Working knowledge of Charles/ProxySniffers.
- Strong analytical skills, with extensive knowledge of Excel.
- Comfortable juggling multiple tasks; ability to prioritize responsibilities; excellent time management.
- Self-sufficient problem solver.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, thrives in an extremely fast-paced, detail & deadline-oriented environment.
About Group Nine Media:
Group Nine Media is the partnership of four mission-driven, category-leading brands covering food, drink & travel (Thrillist), news & entertainment (NowThis), animals (The Dodo) & science, tech & exploration (Seeker). We're one of the world's largest digital-first media companies, boasting over 4 billion video views every month while providing consumers 360-degree experiences across web, social, VR & live events. At Group Nine Media, we care about the content our brands create, & if you're a talented passionate individual who does too, let's talk.
We offer great benefits such as medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), PTO, company paid AD&D, Life Insurance, Short-term & Long-term disability, & much more!
Group Nine Media is an Equal Opportunity Employerand is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.