As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform.
Our portfolio features influential & respected editorial properties including Vox, New York Magazine, The Verge, The Cut, Eater, Vulture, The Strategist, Polygon, SB Nation, Intelligencer, Curbed, Grub Street, & Recode. Off-platform, the Vox Media Podcast Network offers one of the largest collections of popular podcasts, & Vox Media Studios produces & distributes the award-winning nonfiction shows. Powered by innovative technology that scales quality, the Chorus publishing platform & Concert advertising marketplace answer the always-changing needs of modern audiences, creators & marketers.
Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
Reporting to the Editorial Director of Team Communities, the Associate Director of NCAA Communities would:
- Work in support of Editorial Director of Communities to develop, evolve, & adapt scalable strategies for team community growth
- Facilitate communication among stakeholders (sales, product team, growth & analytics, team communities managers, flagship editorial staff, etc.) to promote team communities editorial strategy
- Help develop editorial strategies to be executed across team communities
- Lead internal messaging within team communities community/managers; plan larger roll-out communication strategies
- Establish & maintain an editorial calendar & story advancement model across all sports for both editorial strategy & sales purpose
- Articulate & help effectively manage team communities tiering system by tracking audience & setting attainable goals for growth.
- Coordinate around recruiting, payroll management, real world community building, podcasts, & on-platform community
- Help to develop strategy to improve quality control, re-circulation, & evergreen content production
- Work with programming team to track key metrics for on-platform & social platforms
- Keep a pulse on the network & surface issues, challenges, questions, & problems to SB Nation leadership
- Work with Executive Producer of Team Community podcast operations to build the best-in-class operations throughout the NCAA network
About working at Vox Media:
This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.