JOB TITLE: Commercial Finance Manager
Job Level: Manager
Reports to: Commercial Finance Director, Regional
LOCATION: London HQ
Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. Its not a chicken chow mein & a night on the sofa anymore, its your favourite local restaurant, its a dinner party, a date. Were four years in, & along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global roll-outs, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally-curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food-scene, no matter where they live. And thats just what were like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed & lots of food-inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out-of-the-box thinking is actively encouraged & we move quickly to make great ideas happen. Were energetic, fast-paced & blow off steam with free-for-all Friday lunches. Its a formula thats working too were bringing great food to customers in 12 countries & over 100 cities
Were looking for talented people to join our expanding Commercial Finance department. As the scale & complexity of Deliveroo grows every day, we need dynamic, entrepreneurial, analytical thinkers to support in optimising decision making & drive quick, profitable growth. This is a perfect opportunity to become part of a team responsible for driving the strategic direction of the business. As a trusted business partner throughout the business you will be maintaining financial discipline throughout the companys expansion.
Partnering closely with key decision makers, you & your team will provide analytical driven insight which supports decision making & understand the P&L impact of these decisions. You will also work with stakeholders to determine strategic initiatives to drive the long term growth of the business & be responsible for modelling the impact of those initiatives. This role is perfect for someone who enjoys solving difficult problems, can manage various stakeholders & has high analytical capability.
The role will involve:
- Understanding & influencing the underlying drivers of performance to help drive the top & bottom line
- Scenario modelling & business casing for multiple initiatives & layering this into financial planning
- Providing pro-active, insightful, high quality analysis to support decision making (e.g. pricing)
- Partnering with the various teams to formulate & appraise appropriate strategies for their respective areas & support delivery of the overall business strategy & long-range plans. Primarily focusing on business partnering Country General Managers & their teams across the region
- Line management of an analyst
- Advanced complex financial modelling & analytical skills (advanced excel required, sql a bonus)
- Experience influencing stakeholders at various levels, especially at C-level.
- 3+ years of data analysis in a strategic or commercial role (would suit banking, PE or consultancy background)
- Excellent commercial acumen
- A problem solver with the ability to effectively articulate findings
Employment Term: Full time
- Work with people who love what they do every day, in an energetic & entrepreneurial culture
- Amazing HQ office located in central London with collaborative working spaces
- Discounted private healthcare, pension contributions, childcare voucher scheme, cycle-to-work scheme, charitable giving, subsidised gym membership.
- Maternity, paternity, & shared parental leave.
- Prayer room, nap room, & a stunning rooftop garden.
- Learning resources & support for attending/speaking at conferences.
- Friday lunches from our very own restaurant partners
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.