The Atlantic seeks a hard-working & intellectually curious professional to support its expanding consumer strategy in this moment of rapid growth. The ideal candidate will have facility with quantitative models & data analysis, generalist consulting experience, strong project management skills, & an interest in the intersection between media & e-commerce.
- Assist executive leadership in managing the P+L for The Atlantics rapidly growing Product & Growth teams. This 60+ person cross disciplinary unit focuses on growing The Atlantics audience & its subscription business with best-in-class news products & services.
- Act as a central point-of-contact for audience, subscriber acquisition, & revenue modeling, liaising between subject matter experts throughout the team, incorporating inputs into dynamic forecasting models, & communicating progress to executive team.
- Conduct what-if analyses predicting range of audience, subscriber, & revenue outcomes in the event of a launch, strategic initiative, or other key decision.
- Contribute to research, modeling, & project management of special initiatives such as new product & feature launches, pricing research, & strategic partnerships.
- Track hiring budgets & resource allocation across teams in the Product & Growth department.
- 2-3 years experience in business analytics or consulting
- Experience with quantitative modeling in Excel or other spreadsheet tools
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to translate financial data & modeling methodology into easily communicable concepts & actionable insights
- Trusted colleague with the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially
- Extraordinary organizational skills, meticulous attention to detail & the ability to maintain focus under pressure
- Comfort with ambiguity & shifts in direction as we enter into new business lines
- Experience with subscription-based products & economics is preferred
- Highly motivated self-starter & spirit of generosity
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in its candidates. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions.
Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, giving voice, argument, & flight to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.