Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world data generating real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
As a science-driven healthcare analytics company with a rapidly growing customer base, Aetion is looking for experienced statisticians & biostatisticians to strengthen our Product Science team.
The Principal / Senior Principal Product Scientist will be an active individual contributor role. A successful candidate will help Aetion design, test, & deliver new platform features in collaboration with Science, Product & Engineering.
The Scientist / Senior Scientist will apply his or her knowledge of epidemiology, health services research, biostatistics, and/or related fields to support product design & application definition within Aetion. He/she will work at the intersection of science & engineering, striving to ensure a seamless integration between the two competence areas within the Company.
This position will report to the Product Scientist Team Lead, Scientific Research.
- Design product features in collaboration with the Product Management & Engineering teams. Contribute to the development of product requirements through collection & synthesis of use cases & input from customers & internal scientists.
- Research relevant statistical & epidemiologic methods. Develop detailed technical specifications & R code for new analytic features. Communicate with engineering during the development & testing process.
- Drive the scientific verification of the Aetion platform. Develop test cases & code to validate new features.
- Develop a deep understanding of the methodological capabilities of the Aetion Evidence Platform, serve as an expert technical resource to the Science Delivery organization, & work cross-collaboratively to identify priorities for feature enhancements.
- Conduct statistical analyses to support the Science Research & Science Delivery teams deliverables & research agenda
- Support external thought-leadership including submission of conference abstracts, co-authorship of manuscripts, participation in other media including newsletters, workshops & webinars, etc., & involvement with professional societies
- Maintain knowledge base in pharmacoepidemiology, HEOR, and/or biostatistical methods as applied to observational studies.
- Support & promote educational activities & knowledge sharing, including development of best practice documents.
- Higher levels of seniority will also include additional responsibilities in leadership (e.g. supervise/mentor/delegate to junior colleagues), process development, team mentoring & recruiting
- PhD in biostatistics, statistics, or data science with a demonstrated focus on quantitative methods.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience. Level commensurate with experience
- Knowledge base in the principled application of observational research methods to yield real-world evidence (RWE) for decision-making, designing epidemiologic studies & performing advanced statistical analyses relevant to pharmacoepidemiologic, HEOR, and/or expert quantitative areas pertinent to healthcare
- Expertise conducting analytics with secondary data sources using R or another programming language (e.g. SAS, Stata, AEP)
- Experience working with secondary data sources (e.g., claims, registries)
- Proficient in R statistical programming language
- Experience in cross-functional teams & decision making
- Ability to self-motivate
- Resilient, collaborative, flexible, & innovative
- Experience in Python programming
- Training / experience in methods for causal inference
- Hands-on experience with machine learning
- Hands-on experience simulating data
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Penn Station, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, 401(k) match & unlimited PTO
- Awards Aetion is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards:
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.