Were looking for
Associate Buyer for Womens Outerwear & Swim
The Associate Buyer will join our Womens Contemporary team & be responsible for driving business in outerwear & swim departments as well as work up offers, analyze the business & brainstorm new event ideas & compelling ways to showcase the product to our members. The Associate Buyer will have direct relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions. The right candidate will be fast-paced & will stay on-top-of industry & competitive trends. This candidate will have a pulse on the industry & all the upcoming & emerging brands in these categories, & have an aggressive ability to find vendor contacts, make outreach & introduction, & break newness constantly. In addition, the Associate Buyer will be an effective leader, relationship builder, & communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing & legal.
What youll accomplish
- Youll be responsible for product selection including identifying potential brands & product business opportunities specific outerwear & swim.
- Direct & grow relationships with key vendors, negotiate pricing, terms & conditions, & utilize brands/ vendor partners to build a comprehensive assortment.
- Stay on-top-of industry & competitive trends & will be able to execute at both a tactical & strategic level to drive business efficiently.
- Be an effective leader, relationship builder, & communicator in working with our external brand partners, as well as with internal groups such as merchandising, planning, production, marketing & legal.
THE RIGHT FIT IF:
- Great experience in a retail environment & expert in retail math analytics
- Passion for product & a love of retail. Willing to go above & beyond to drive a successful business!
- Driven to make sure the customer has the best experience possible!
- Ability to multitask & work well under pressure
- Acute attention to detail to achieve successful & profitable sales
- Proven analytical skills & are a risk taker
- Proficient in Excel & Google Docs: You dont shy away from (and maybe even get excited by) VLOOKUPs, & sorting
- Technical aptitude & agility to learn web-based tools
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities & vendor/brand management experience
- Ability to think & react in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze trends, sales, gross margin, inventory & turn
- Exceptional organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, & meeting rigorous deadlines
- Work with Planning to build Sales /GM/Dept plans/forecast sales/inventory management
- Learn from business trends & use feedback for future business improvements
- Maintain relationships with existing brands & source new suppliers for future products
- Willingness to travel
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 20 million members with coveted designers at an exceptional value. Two complementary brands, Rue La La & Gilt, utilize world-class merchandising, technology & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & inspire members daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that today's customers demand.