About This Position
The Private Wealth Team is seeking an intern to work alongside the Director of PWM, team of financial advisors & client services managers. The private wealth management intern will report directly to the Director of Private Wealth Management. The ideal candidate will be proactive, organized & strategic. The candidate should be a self-starter & eager to learn about what it means to work at a fast-paced startup.
- Work with Private Wealth Advisors to expand their client base including:
- Develop & conduct marketing plans to identify & connect with prospective clients--as directed by the PWM team
- Manage the planning & execution of client/marketing events/seminars for Financial Advisors including:
- Working with the team to select venues, confirm dates
- Prepare & track invitations
- Work with team to develop program agenda
- Prepare packages for attendees
- Develop & conduct follow-up plans in coordination with Advisors
- Track all results & assets brought in
- Prepare after-action summary tracking results of key activities
- Carry out other marketing strategies to connect with high net worth investors using social media & other communication strategies as directed
- Track & report on results in acquiring new client relationships & AUM brought in as a result of your activities
- Track best practices & strategies generating AUM wins
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves to pitch in where needed, & a positive attitude
- Ability to think strategically, as well as analyze data
- Strong organizational & follow-up skills
- Adapt to a fast-paced & dynamic work environment. This includes working independently & on a team
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
- A strong desire to learn, both with guidance & independently
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with a diverse team
- Passion for our mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work. Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account a womans longer lifespan & different salary curve, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2019, for the second year in a row, Ellevest was awarded the #14 spot on LinkedIns list of most sought-after startups, as well as a spot on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list -- identifying start-ups on the cutting edge of huge consumer, tech & business shifts. In 2017, Ellevest was named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas, & CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We were also named one of Entrepreneur Magazines 100 Brilliant Ideas. We are working every day to make this a reality, & create a brand & a service that closes the female money gap.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.