CommonBondis buildingavalues-driven, customer-centric financial services company.Our missionis tochangethe way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interestrates,a state-of-the art technology platform, andcaringcustomer service.We also are theonlyfinancial services companywitha 1-for-1 social program:For every loan funded, we fund the education ofa child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. Weare backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
The Senior Director of Enterprise Sales role is for a player/coach who is able to inspire & organize a team of full cycle sales account executives, but still loves developing & closing deals on their own as well. You will drive growth by forming partnerships with companies looking to help their employees with student loans. 7 out of 10 recent graduates leave school with significant student loan debt. Forward-thinking organizations see student loan benefits as a way to attract & retain top talent in their organization. This type of benefit is a rapidly expanding offering on the cusp of wide-spread adoption. The opportunity is great.
As the team leader on the Enterprise Sales team, you will be based at CommonBonds HQ in NYC. The ideal background involves B2B sales experience with a focus on large companies as well as sales channel activation experience. You have direct sales & sales management experience: you see opportunity for partnership & go after it with a thoughtful, committed, & unwavering approach. You are an excellent communicator.
You can develop a sales plan & execute against it with little oversight. You & your team will be responsible for full-cycle sales, from prospecting to close. You will also be responsible for activating captive sales channels through partnerships we have with other leading financial service organizations. You will be supported by a Director of Revenue Operations who will provide the analytical rigor & process orientation to enable full cycle reps to be successful. Your responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting & Initial Outreach: Identifying the appropriate contacts at named accounts & performing outbound activities to set up meetings
- Introductory Qualifying Calls: determining fit & interest level
- Product Demonstrations: showcasing & creating differentiation with competitors
- Negotiations: crafting & closing deals
- Followup, followup, followup this is a strategic sale with a long sales cycle. It requires someone who can navigate complex organizations with multiple decision makers & influencers
- Team management: leading a team of sales executives & helping them to meet quota.
- Relationship building & management: you will work with HR brokers, consultants & other field sales teams to expand the CommonBond reach beyond what the direct team is able to achieve on its own.
CommonBond is a dynamic environment where new opportunities emerge every single day. As the leader of the Enterprise Sales team, you'll be part of a rapidly growing team at an innovative company. You will be a core reason the company scales.
You will be responsible for initiating, developing & closing deals with employers who purchase CommonBonds suite of Student Loan Benefits to recruit & retain top talent. You will also be responsible for working with other financial service partners to educate their sales teams on our offerings & properly incentivize & train them to bring us sales opportunities. Prior experience selling a solution into HR/Benefits leaders at large companies is a strong advantage.
- 8+ years of experience selling services or products to senior level HR & Benefits leaders at midsize or large enterprise companies
- Lead generation & sales management experience of other sales executives
- A will to win. Closing deals puts you on top of the world.
- Experience navigating large, complex organizations & being able to adapt your communication style to different audiences (manager, director, VP)
- Active listener with a consultative approach to understanding client needs
- High interpersonal skills youre equally at home hopping on the phone with a new potential partner, meeting them in person, or following up on a previous lead
- You are confident, well-spoken, outgoing, & professional
- Roll-up- your-sleeves mentality were a small team, everyone including our executive team gets their hands dirty to get stuff done
- Expert multi-tasking youll be going after multiple opportunities every hour of every day. You will remain undaunted, organized & juggle these tasks without letting the ball drop
- Professional but not stuffy were sharp & competent but also fun
- Great teammate You enjoy working as part of a team, you want to be relied upon & you understand that outcomes are a result of a lot of people contributing
- Sense of urgency you want to go, move, make things happen, & shake things up!
- Supreme ability to organize yourself, your tasks, & manage your time
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.