Our Software Engineering new grad roles blend learning with impact. New grads take ownership of impactful projects from day one, & the learning never ends.
You'll own your projects from end-to-end: influence the initial specs for features, build backend APIs (Rails), write frontend code (React), & oversee ongoing improvements for deployed features.
Interested in building elegant software with far-reaching effects in our modern economy? Join us!
Gusto is a modern, online people platform that helps small businesses take care of their teams. On top of full-service payroll, Gusto offers health insurance, 401(k)s, expert HR, & team management tools. Today, Gusto offices in Denver, San Francisco, & New York serve more than 200,000 businesses nationwide.
Our mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life, & it starts right here at Gusto. Thats why were committed to building a collaborative & inclusive workplace, both physically & virtually. Learn more about our Total Rewards philosophy.
Heres what youll do day-to-day:
- Own what you build as you architect, test, & refine the Gusto platform
- Tackle a wide variety of technical problems throughout the stack & contribute daily to all parts of our code base, using our development workflow
- Work with our product & design teams to understand customer pain points, come up with solutions, & then prototype, iterate, & launch daily
- Be surrounded by individuals who are doing the best work of their lives and loving every moment of it
Heres what were looking for:
- Recent graduates & current students pursuing a BS and/or MS degree in computer science or related technical fields with an expected graduation date in Fall/Winter 2021 or Spring 2022. These full-time new grad roles will start in Summer 2022.
- Passion for creating memorable experiences for customers, regardless of which part of the stack you work in
- Interest in technologies such as React, Redux, Ruby, Rails, & GraphQL
- Appreciation for an iterative, test-driven, code review culture
- A drive to create well-structured & maintainable code that balances beauty & pragmatism
- U.S. work authorization is required. This role is not available for sponsorship.
- Applications due by 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, November 30th. We will review applications on a rolling basis up until this date. Interviews will begin no earlier than Monday, October 4th, 2021.
Learn more about the team:
Our cash compensation amount for this role is targeted at $102,000/yr - $120,000/yr in Denver & most remote locations, & $132,000/yr - $137,000/yr for San Francisco & New York. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate experience & expertise & may vary from the amounts listed above.
Our customers come from all walks of life & so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values & our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic. Gusto considers qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state & local law. Gusto is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Applications are due by 11:59pm ET on Tuesday, November 30th. We will review applications on a rolling basis up until this date.