Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature tech-enabled property management allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across our growing portfolio of homes. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes across the United States & receive over 15,000 new member applications per month.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, member service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working every day to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
Common provides a number of services to our members including cleaning, maintenance & provision of shared goods.
Your role would be as part of a team in Marina Del Rey reporting to the Property Manager & responsible for ensuring that the communal areas of our Common properties remain clean & tidy.
- Performs each cleaning function in accordance with the property's/properties prescribed
- Clean kitchen, living rooms, hallways, windows, walls, floors, stairwells & communal areas, shared bathrooms & occasionally bedrooms
- Responsible for carrying all cleaning supplies necessary to satisfactorily perform his/her
- General tidying
- Refilling of condiments dispensers & supplies within the home
- Take out trash
- Reporting any maintenance issues you observe in the home
- Additional ad-hoc cleaning following parties or events.
- All cleaning products will be provided by Common.
- Honesty - you will have access to our property so honesty & integrity are key
- Excellence - you are the best cleaner you or any of your friends know & proud of it!
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify areas for improvement, & not afraid to speak up when you have an idea
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees' needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.