We started Birchbox in 2010 to redefine the way consumers discover & shop for beauty & grooming. The company quickly grew from an exciting idea to a business that has materially shaped the beauty industry: we've activated an enormous group of underserved, untapped consumers, awakening their relationship with beauty by making the experience relevant, easy & fun. Our innovation isn't the simple concept of delivering a box of samples - it's understanding that although not everyone is passionate about beauty & grooming, everyone still deserves to have a great experience finding, trying & buying it.
Birchbox operates in six countries, reaching more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 500 best-in-class prestige brand partners. We have retail locations within select Walgreens stores across the US as well as a flagship Birchbox store in Paris.
About the role:
The Senior Associate, Social Media is a key member of the Content & Community team (Birchbox Experience Group). You will report to the Social Media Manager & are responsible for executing campaigns & content across Birchbox social media channels that build our brand, deepen engagement & offer utility to our audiences.
For you, diversity isnt just a buzzword or challenge, but rather an opportunity & school of thought you use to drive creativity, collaboration, & innovation in all that you do. You find & appreciate diversity across multiple dimensions, helping the team bring something different & unique to every brief.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Own & execute organic social campaigns to drive engagement, word of mouth, & organic traffic to site
- Manage & create the organic social media calendar for grooming (Facebook / Facebook Live, Instagram / Instagram Stories, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube) to support the overall content strategy
- Concept & execute ideas for how to engage community members on social
- Manage posting & execution on all organic social media channels
- Collaborating with the Copy + Editorial team on grooming stories & translating them for social channels. Supporting the Social Media Manager on beauty channels as needed
- Create visual & written assets
- Writing social copy as needed
- Creating simple social videos & taking pictures
- Utilizing Photoshop templates to create designed assets
- Collaborating with the creative studio team & video editor on larger scale videos & image shoots
- Build on the evolution of Birchboxs social presence & how it is represented across all social channels.
- Develop, track & report on relevant KPIs based on relevant industry standards.
- Monitor competitor & industry updates within the social landscape, & share with relevant team members
- 2-3 years experience with organic & paid social media management, at an agency or a brand
- Passion for the role that social can play in overall marketing strategy
- Have excellent writing skills & a good visual eye
- Have an analytical mindset & believe in the importance of tracking metrics
- Understands the importance of building a lifestyle brand
- Always on top of the latest social trends & platforms changes
- A plus if comfortable on camera