We are looking for an Accounting Supervisor to help manage & support our Accounting & Finance department. This candidate will be responsible for taking ownership of the end to end workstream process related to accounting tasks through development & implementation of best practices within the accounting & financial reporting processes, including the daily supervision of one or more team members.The ideal candidate will have experience working within both SaaS & Retail business models, have excellent business acumen, & will be a natural numbers wizard that with applicable expertise in Excel & other tools. In addition, the candidate has strong knowledge in regards to U.S. GAAP, business process design, internal controls & experience working with external auditors.They are an analytical thinker, with a data driven background that supports cross-functional work streams & work products which allow for strategic & knowledgeable decision making. The ideal candidate is looking for an opportunity to learn & grow & be a part of Pelotons multifaceted business.
- Ownership of month-end close process for assigned areas, including daily interaction with business partners & external auditors.
- Ensure data compliance for assigned accounts across all relevant systems
- Book & Review monthly journal entries & prepare & review related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Maintain ownership over preparing analytics over financial results on a monthly basis & report on variances versus plan & prior periods to efficiently report results to upper management & internal business partners
- Investigate reporting discrepancies & communicate issues as they arrive in a timely manner
- Assist in the calculation, presentation & communication of company wide KPIs
- Own the process in development of robust documentation around SOX Compliant Internal Controls, & ensure all controls are performed & documented in a manner that will meet requirements of internal & external auditors.
- Continually improve business processes through automation, thoughtful analysis & researching or benchmarking best practices inside & outside of the company
- Actively maintain & review designated General Ledger accounts & activity
- Support business process by partnering with other departments, including but not limited to FP&A, Accounts payable, treasury, tax, human resources, IT, legal & Supply Chain
- Partake in ad hoc team projects & analysis, as assigned
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance; Active CPA or CPA eligible strongly preferred
- In depth knowledge of Accounting theory & application of U.S. GAAP
- 2 - 5 year(s) of relevant Accounting experience; Big Four experience highly preferred
- Experience with financial reporting & financial statement preparation; SEC experience a plus
- Experience with working in a complex ERP system
- Experience in technology, retail and/or e-commerce preferred
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels
- Proactive self-starter who enjoys a fast-paced environment & an ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet pressing deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic
- Tech savvy & MS Excel super user (candidate must be comfortable working with & analyzing large datasets)
- Experience working with various systems including, but not limited to NetSuite, Oracle, SAP, Coupa, Kyriba, CoStar & Blackline
- Experience supervising one or more staff for one or more years is strongly preferred.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.