The Genius Integrated Marketing Team is hiring a pre-sales Marketing Strategist for it's Brooklyn HQ. The Marketing Strategist will be responsible for conceptualizing, writing & managing integrated marketing proposals for a variety of advertising partners -- bringing new ideas to life & guiding creative concepts from inception through development & pitch.
The Marketing Strategist serves as the conduit of communication between key internal stakeholders including but not limited to Client Services, Content, Design & Experiential, defining a path of action to ensure the plan for making creative ideas a reality is communicated effectively.
Embracing the challenger sales philosophy, leverage Genius assets & USPs to develop creative solutions for current & prospective partners of Genius that address client's business, brand, & overarching objectives. Beyond merely developing creative solutions for our clients, the Marketing strategist must do so in a way that is executable given organizational, technology, & timeline constraints.
The Marketing strategist will be called upon to interface with, & present work to, our clients.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
To learn more check out our sizzle, & follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, & Youtube.
- Partner with account executives to develop RFP response strategy for clients & categories, as assigned; Lead brainstorms, proposal development & final presentation of creative solutions
- Work collaboratively with Content & Client Services teams to ensure final pitch delivers on the original creative concept, & lead internal creative iterations, as needed
- Conduct targeted research into brand & competitors to identify unique insights to serve as foundation of challenger pitch
- Direct Design team in creation of mocks to bring concepts to life
- Support development of proactive sales collateral (e.g., sizzles, edit calendar one-sheets, etc.)
- 3-5 years of strategy, digital marketing or comparable creative experience
- Strong writing, grammar & verbal communication skills
- Strong Keynote/Powerpoint/Slides skills
- Versed in digital & social media programs/extensions
- Familiar with content & experiential budget development
- Knowledge of & interest in music, pop culture & technology
- Extreme attention to detail
- Candidate should be able to work in a fast-paced environment & handle multiple projects at a time