As a Data Engineer at The RealReal you'll drive automation, personalization & data pipeline initiatives. You will own critical systems throughout the platform & be responsible for their
development, adding new, valuable features, & ensuring that these systems perform correctly.
This position is based in San Francisco, CA & will report to the Director of Data Engineering.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, & other engineers in the development of data products
- Develop reliable, near real time & batch data pipelines that make data easily consumable by end users & other systems
- Develop tools to monitor, debug, & analyze data pipelines
- Design & implement data schemas & models that can scale
- Mentor team members to build the companys overall expertise
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing passion & new ideas to work every day
What You Bring To The Role
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders to define requirements
- Strong knowledge of Python & SQL
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with data streaming such as Apache Kafka, Dataflow, AWS kinesis, Spark Streaming, or similar tools.
- Experience with cloud platforms (GCP, AWS, AZURE) with strong preference to GCP.
- Experience with BigQuery or similar (Redshift, Snowflake, other MPP databases)
- Experience building data pipelines & ETL
- Experience with command line, version control software (git)
NICE TO HAVE
- E-commerce & Startup experience
- Experience with java & dataflow
- Experience with many other big data technologies at scale
- Experience with ETL tools such as segment
- Experience with BI tools such as looker
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.