About the team
The Engineering Implementation Group is an advanced manufacturing engineering group reporting up through the R&D organization at Harrys. The team is responsible for developing new manufacturing technologies & equipment & scaling them into mass production.
About the role
The automation engineering position requires an engineer experienced with high volume manufacturing & implementing automated assembly systems. This engineer will work closely with Harrys product development team to understand next generation shaving systems & work closely with Harrys machine contractors with automation challenges, employing technologies such as servo systems, robotic arms, machine vision systems & other industrial automation.
- Bring your passion & enthusiasm for engineering & teams to work every day
- Be an interactive member of technical cross-functional teams by providing technical expertise, innovation & teamwork.
- Design, Development, evaluation, start-up & optimization of high-volume automated assembly & packaging equipment
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, & testing manufacturing methods & equipment; identifying & conferring with equipment vendors.
- Detailed knowledge of machine design principles & metal fabrication processes
- Extensive knowledge of manufacturing processes & the ability to translate that knowledge into reliable equipment designs that enhance Harrys production capabilities
- Working knowledge of vibratory feeder bowls, cam driven mechanisms, vision systems, PLCs, pick & place mechanisms, dispensing devices & motion control systems
- Assists Manufacturing leadership team with capacity expansion plans & initiatives
- Able to work effectively across all levels of the organization
- Strive to deliver required aspects of each assigned project to planned time, cost & quality targets, monitoring progress & taking necessary action either to meet established targets or agree new targets.
- Effectively contribute to projects when assigned as a member of the project team.
- Keep abreast of new technologies related to design & manufacturing.
- Provides project estimated costs, delivery & resource timing to program managers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 7+ years of experience in in Automated Assembly, Packaging & manufacturing equipment design
- Proficient in the use & understanding of Geometric Dimension & Tolerance
- Proficient in the use of a CAD software such as Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks, etc.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes with a strong understanding of machining, metal working & engineered plastics
- Experienced with design for manufacturability
- Superior communication & interpersonal skills
Working Relationships & Environment
Here's who you'll work with:
- Report to Director of Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Working in the Engineering Implementation Group
- You will work cross functionally with many teams, including Key relationships internally will include Program Managers, Marketing, Global Brand Development, & Product Development. External engagement will include machine vendors.
- Travel Requirements include domestic & over-seas to support machine design, accept testing & validation
- Work schedule will vary around core business hours of 8 to 4, but will include off hour calls with other time zones & will include weekends & holidays as needed.
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.