WHO WE ARE
Braze delivers customer experiences across email, mobile, SMS, & web. Customers, including Seamless, HBO, Disney, Urban Outfitters, & Venmo, use the Braze platform to facilitate real-time experiences between brands & consumers in a more authentic & human way. And we do it at scale each month, tens of billions of messages are sent to a network of over 2 billion active users through Braze.
Need more proof? Braze was named a Leader in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Mobile Marketing Platforms in 2019. The company has also been named on the Forbes Cloud 100 Magazines 2019 Best Places to Work, & Crain's 2019 Best Places to Work in NYC lists.
We are headquartered in New York with offices in London, San Francisco & Singapore. And we have over 400 employees & are growing!
WHAT YOULL DO
As a Senior Technical Support Specialist, Team Lead in our London office, you will be an essential part of our Global Technical Support Team that owns the post-sale technical relationship with our customers (supporting them over the weekend) & will provide leadership to our global team of Support Specialists who work on a weekend rotation. Your role will have two main components: handling & resolving support tickets & acting as an escalation point during the weekend for our team of support specialists who work on a weekend rotation.
Handling & Resolving Support Tickets
Your focus will be to own, prioritize, troubleshoot, & build a response plan for complex inbound customer support issues relating to our platform. You will work in coordination with your Global Technical Support Leadership & teammates to ensure our customers are able to quickly & successfully overcome any technical issues they may face when using our platform. Youll also regularly contribute to our knowledge database, helping to pay it forward allowing teammates & customers to learn quickly from your insight. Want to learn & grow in the role? Perfect! We will give you plenty of opportunity to become a subject matter expert in our platform & will challenge you with stretch projects that will help you learn about coding, marketing automation, & mobile ecosystems.
Team Lead Responsibilities
You will be acting as an escalation point for our team of support representatives who work during the weekend. Youll also ensure we are fully staffed during our weekend support hours to ensure weve got the people power to deliver great customer experiences. You will be responsible for ongoing coaching of our weekend team, helping them to deliver exceptional performance. Youll also focus on planning, assigning, & directing their work activities during the weekend. A big part of your role will be to help implement our global processes across the team to ensure world-class support to our customers. Youll also take responsibility & pride in helping to grow & develop the amazing support team members across regions. You will act as the escalation manager for critical issues that come up during the weekend, ensuring they get resolved quickly & successfully through a coordinated, process-driven approach.
WHO YOU ARE
You have previous team lead experience or have directly managed a team. People say youre a great communicator & top-tier problem solver! You have exemplary written & verbal communication skills with unparalleled follow-up skills. You leave people with the impression that you are really listening to them, understand their problem, & youre there to help. You look for every opportunity to make things better & youre all about the team. You get a thrill from helping customers & you know that even though the job isnt easy, youre making a difference each & every day. Youre naturally curious & you see every problem as an opportunity to learn more or help others (teammates or customers) learn more too. You enjoy leading the charge, helping others to achieve their best.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- Bachelors Degree from a 4-year college or university (or similar experience-based proficiency level)
- Ability to work Wednesday - Sunday (8:30am - 6pm)
- Experience directly managing a team in a managerial or Team Lead capacity
- 3-6 years experience supporting a technical product, ideally in SaaS or Mobile
- Excellent communication skills & customer-centric attitude
- Experience handling time-sensitive, pressure-intensive customer issues
- Working knowledge of case management tools like Salesforce, Zendesk or similar ticketing system
- Talent for synthesizing complex ideas & communicating them in a way others can easily understand
- Bonus Points:
- Technical domain knowledge of one or more of the following: SaaS, Mobile, APIs.
- Experience in mobile platforms (Android, iOS)
- Management experience with all facets of the employee lifecycle: recruitment, onboarding, training, coaching, performance management, offboarding.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation that includes equity
- Excellent medical & dental coverage for you & your dependents
- Competitive pension & life insurance plans
- Daily lunch allowance & fully stocked kitchen with snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun-loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best