Ballast Research is dedicated to equipping federal & state advocates & policymakers in the public, private, & social sector with proprietary data & insights to inform their work. Our clients are among the most well-known, expert, & engaged in matters of policy & law. We serve them closely with a growing scope of support services.
We are recruiting candidates to join our rapidly growing firm as an Analyst on our Consulting & Client Service team. In the past, we have enjoyed success hiring former consultants, research analysts, & communications or public affairs professionals.
Consulting Analysts will serve the team in three primary capacities:
- Data-Based Consultant: Analysts will use our quantitative & qualitative research to create reports, presentations, memos, & ad hoc communications materials for all clients. Qualified applicants will have experience distilling insights & recommendations from industry data & creating high caliber client-facing materials.
- Client Service: Analysts typically serve 5-7 brand name clients with insights & analysis, custom follow-up work, & implementation strategies.
- Project Management: analysts will be responsible for managing client projects from inception to final presentation & follow-up.
The Core Responsibilities
Analysts will have primary responsibility for the following areas of our engagements:.
- Communicating to Clients. Actively drive client relationships by maintaining ongoing & regular contact with a variety of contacts across clients. Proactively schedules in- person & virtual meetings to make sure clients needs are being met.
- Strategic Consulting. Conduct the analysis, development, & communication (written & in-person presentations) of research-based consulting engagements meant to inform the investments & strategy of major organizations operating in the federal & state policy arenas.
- Conducting Policymaker Interviews. Conduct roughly 30 peer-to-peer conversations with the highest level of policymakers at the federal and/or state levels.
- Quantitative Benchmarking. Analyze a rich data set of peer & industry benchmarking data, including longitudinal & demographic breakdowns, to surface key trends, insights, & actionable recommendations to inform a clients advocacy strategy.
- System-Wide Contribution. Play a supportive role across formalized & ad-hoc teams to enhance an internal culture of support, feedback, & creating new opportunities.
- Innovation. Consistently contribute new ideas, ways to serve client needs, process improvements, & program-wide initiatives that advance the entire programs success; seeking out & taking ownership wherever possible.
Atlantic Media Values:
Across Atlantic Media, generally, the firm looks for two pillar gifts in you, & everyone else. In all of us, these are more aspirational than actual, but they are central in our intentions
- Force of Ideas: At the center of Atlantic Media work are the ideas within our writing. We believe that ideas to the good & not have consequence. Our highest work is bringing rigor, insight, intellectual honesty, to that ultimate purpose of separating the bad from the good, & giving voice to the latter.
- Spirit of Generosity: Atlantic Media seeks in its ranks a spirit of generosity a natural disposition in each colleague toward service & selfless conduct. Atlantic Media writing should be cut from the same cloth critical on the merits but informed by charity & forbearance in measuring motive & personal character.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Women/Vets/Disability.