Director of Data Science
Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY & our journey has just begun.
Project Franklin's engineers are forward thinking & collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields & an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What Youll Do
- Recruit, manage & grow a talented team of Data Scientists
- Set the roadmap for the Data Science team
- Collaborate with product/engineering teams to improve customer experience through the use of data
- Lead our research agenda to inform future product decisions
- Architect & build a data pipeline to connect years of retail data with data generated by our team
- Define the toolset that the Data Science team will leverage
- PhD in a quantitative field or comparable research experience
- 10+ years relevant professional/academic experience
- Domain expertise in statistics, machine learning, computer vision, or related fields
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks