Production Manager (Contract Position)
Location: Newark, NJ
Duration: Up to 6 Months
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As Production Manager, you will an integral part of how HelloFresh revolutionizes the food industry & the way people eat! In this role, you will deliver strategic operational leadership across all aspects of production & will cultivate a culture that is second to none.You will be hands-on & immerse yourself in the trenches to optimize productivity, promote growth, spark innovation, & incite change from within. We're searching for a visionary leader who is excited to build something awesome & share it with the world!
You will ...
- Drive continuous development to production, quality, cost, & delivery initiatives while building & maintaining relationships with hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, & various departments within HelloFresh
- Oversee the day-to-day production operations, ensuring on-time & accurate delivery of customer orders
- Effectively engage, coach, motivate & lead the Production team for career progression & development
- Monitor communication between multiple production lines to eliminate downtime
- Establish procedures, metrics & processes to drive productivity & optimization
- Analyze & identify areas of improvement in cost savings, production, & lead times
- Develop & administer operational procedures for outgoing shipments, handling & disposition of products, & keeping the highest standards of quality
- Create, learn, & assist on strategic planning & forecasting to improve existing production issues
- Establish new procedures, metrics, & processes alongside the COO & Director of Operations
- Develop & administer operational procedures for executing activities for outgoing shipments, handling & disposition of products, & keeping the highest standards of Quality
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees to provide feedback & drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, & stay focused on the customer experience
- Bold: you are a true entrepreneurial spirit & not afraid to take calculated risks to disrupt the status quo; you're a visionary leader that listens to your team & values their ideas
- Analytical: data is your friend; you're able to translate numbers into action & pave the way for efficiency
- Strategic: you recognize & resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, & pave the way for efficiency
- Problem-solver: you have a knack for production planning & are a critical thinker who uses logic to identify alternatives & present solutions to complex problemswhile thinking in terms of contingency plans
- Customer-focused: slightly obsessive-compulsive when it comes to customer experience & strive to deliver a product that is second to none
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors degree preferred, diploma or GED required
- 5+ years of operational leadership in food manufacturing/production plant
- Prior experience in direct to consumer fulfillment / eCommerce operations
- Understanding of food safety regulations/compliance (SQF, HACCP, AIB, BRC)
- Proven success managing teams of 100+ employees in a hyper-growth organization - our culture is a critical part of our success, & you need to help drive it
- Effective project management skills, well-versed in Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement (Six Sigma, APICS, Kaizen certification a plus)
- Efficient Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point) & Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.) capabilities
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.