ACV Auctions is the leading dealer-to-dealer, online automotive marketplace in the nation. We bring transparency to every transaction from start to finish, ensuring peace of mind & value for our customers. We do this with a combination of the industrys best technology & the worlds best people. As a result of our teams tireless effort & dedication, were growing at a staggering rate. ACV is attracting new people from widely different backgrounds & geographies who are invested in the genuine belief that we are creating something special.
Who we are looking for
ACV Auctions is looking for an enthusiastic Inspector who has a knack for cars & wants an opportunity to join a growing company. Our Inspectors are the face of our company. They know a ton about cars, & love to talk about them - explaining to our clients what they need to know in a way they can understand. They have boundless energy & work tirelessly to ensure our clients get nothing but the best. Our inspectors are meticulous. Nothing gets by them. At ACV Auctions we pride ourselves on Trust, Transparency, Credibility, & Customer Service & our Inspectors deliver this to our customers every day.
What you will do
- Partnering with a Territory Manager & a team of Inspectors, conducts inspections of vehicles at dealerships, auctions, & off-lease, to detect damage, missing parts & mechanical problems.
- Prepare & submit a report of vehicle condition, repair/replacement cost estimates, & related documentation.
- Help sales team up-sell or cross-sell services & products
- Interface regularly with our dealers to develop & ensure client satisfaction & build strong relationships.
- Travel to & from dealerships & homes to inspect, & write condition reports, list vehicles to sell on the auction platform.
- Take multiple, overall, & damage photos match them to a vehicle, & download them to the image server utilizing the company issued smart phone.
- List inspected wholesale vehicles utilizing ACV Auctions platform for bidding & purchasing.
- Sign up independent dealerships as buyers to utilize ACV Auctions digital platform.
What you will need
- 1 - 3 years of experience in the automobile field (body, paint & mechanical repair knowledge) with customer service background strongly preferred.
- Problem solving aptitude to meet challenges with resourcefulness & innovative approaches.
- Proven success to work independently with minimal supervision while working in a team environment.
- Excellent communicator with the ability to understand customer needs & expectations.
- Valid drivers license & safe driving record required
- Reliable transportation to travel to client sites & to & from home office, with up to 80% field-based travel.
- Knowledge of system capabilities, knowledge of needed/job-relevant software packages, & web-based applications.
- Ability to bend, squat, stoop, or kneel, stand for a prolonged period of time with the ability to lift 30lbs.
- Ability to drive a manual & automatic transmission.
- Vision abilities required to properly identify small defects around & underneath vehicles.
- Ability to work outside in the elements for extended periods of time.
What we will offer
- Paid Overtime with mileage reimbursement
- Professional training opportunities & upward mobility
- Upbeat Innovative Culture
- Tools provided to help you be successful (company issued smart phone; OBD-II Scanner; Tire Tread Measure; Paint Meter; Magnetic Ruler
Hiring is contingent on a satisfactory background check as permitted by law. Any falsification of your application or any other hiring materials is grounds for rescinding an offer or termination of employment.
ACV Auctions is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) & all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.