As a Senior Software Engineer - Distributed Systems, you will actively contribute & lead engineers in the design & development of new distributed data processing capabilities. You will be instrumental in helping us solve complex low-latency, distributed systems challenges to handle our ever-increasing scale. Our system is a highly distributed, fault tolerant, multi-tenant platform that includes bleeding edge components related to storage, messaging, search, & analytics. This system ingests & analyzes terabytes of data a day, while making petabytes of data available for search & forensic analysis.
What youll be working on:
- Designing & implementing extremely high-volume, fault-tolerant, scalable backend systems that process & manage petabytes of customer data.
- Work to improve algorithms built to schedule load on clusters of thousands of machines elastically at runtime.
- Improve systems to provide performance guarantees to customers in a shared-everything multi-tenant architecture.
- Lead & contribute to the re-architecting of our internal message processing technology to multi-petabyte per day scale.
- Help manage exabytes of data using the latest & greatest technologies such as Kafka, Microservices, Kubernetes & Docker.
Your experience & skills include:
- B.S. or higher in Computer Sciences or related discipline (M.S. a plus)
- 4+ years of industry experience with a proven track record of ownership & delivery
- Experience developing scalable distributed data processing solutions
- Experience in multi-threaded programming
- Experience in running large scalable distributed services following a microservice architecture
- Hands-on object-oriented programming experience (e.g., Java, Scala)
- Excellent verbal & written communication
About Us: https://app.box.com/v/SLGeneralDossier
What we do:
We are a cloud-native SaaS machine data analytics platform, solving complex monitoring problems for DevOps, SecOps & ITOps teams. Customers love our product because it allows them to easily monitor & optimize their mission critical, large scale applications.
Our microservices architecture in AWS ingests hundreds of terabytes daily across many geographic regions. Millions of queries a day analyze hundreds of petabytes of data.
Democratize machine data analytics through the Sumo Logic platform, bringing real-time data insights securely through the cloud.