RAPP Chicago is looking for a Senior Back End Developer to join our award-winning team.
We are the agency absolutely, utterly, fiercely focused on the individual. We use our data, technology & creative smarts to make meaningful, connections with every single person a brand knows.
As a guiding ethos, RAPP stands up for Individuality. So much as, thats in our agency value proposition. Were committed to racial justice, equality, representation, & unbiased economic opportunity, because we know that the strength of our diversity helps us create our best work. And we believe in harnessing the strength of all our Fiercely Individual people, & the differences among us, because thats the surest way to positively impact our business & network culture.
We are a member of Omnicoms Precision Marketing Group (OPMG) focused on digital & CRM marketing.
If we learned anything this year, its that our organization truly can implement a work where you work best philosophy. We still have physical offices, and, if theyre open, you are welcome to use them whenever you like.
No pressure, though - if you arent comfortable with coming in while COVID-19 plays out, you can still work where you work best. That said, while we do have our work where you work best philosophy. We legally have to care about what state you claim permanent residency in (its a tax thing).
From national defense, to buying a sweet new ride, to defining the future of online learning, we provide smart solutions for clients like the U.S. Army, Toyota, University of Phoenix, & more.
RAPP has a tradition that encourages entrepreneurial thinking, innovative solutions, & the conviction to executive. We seek individuals who thrive in fast-paced, problem-solving environments. We are looking for a talented Back- End Developer with a specialty working with APIs, data pipelines, AWS & microservices.
- Develop, debug & create microservices & web-apps using Java/.Net/Node etc, Spring boot, MySQL, NoSQL on AWS.
- Work on big-data & analytics framework like Apache Spark, Scala, Redshift & distributed processing of large amount of data.
- Work with streaming data solutions like Kafka, Kinesis etc.
- Explore new AWS technologies, develop & design microservices, & undertake proof of concepts.
- Debug production incidents around Microservices, authentication, authorization, database, elastic search, UI(React) etc.
- Deliver using agile process
- 5+ years of Software Development experience
- Bachelors degree in CS or related preferred
- Experience with AWS Cloud Platform, specifically EC2, S3, ECS/EKS, IAM, API Gateway, Lambda, VPC, Subnets, RDS, SNS, SQS, SES etc.
- Experience with atleast one programming language from Java, C#, Python etc.
- Experience with Relational & NoSQL databases & proficiency in using SQL commands.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines & associated tools like Jenkins, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy etc.
- Proficiency in development of REST APIs, microservices etc.
- Familiarity with Infrastructure automation tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Experience working with user authentication/authorization solutions such as Okta, Cognito etc.
- Fluent with GIT version control & associated branching models.
- Detail oriented, organized, & the ability to meet deadlines while working several projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Self-motivated, a natural problem-solver, & a good communicator with a demonstrated ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously & work collaboratively in a team environment