Beeswax is looking for a Director of Data Engineering to join our growing team. We were recently recognized on the 5000 list as #46 in the fastest growing companies & #5 in the top software companies. In 2018, we were also named by Business Insider as the fastest growing company in AdTech"
Beeswax is an easy to use, massive scale & high availability advertising platform founded by industry veterans who worked together at Google. Were well funded by leading VCs, such as RRE & Foundry Group, & are rapidly expanding our customer list & our engineering team. We offer our customers the most extensible & transparent advertising platform in the world & process millions of transactions per second.
Our engineers come from major tech companies such as Amazon & Facebook as well as many other companies with strong software disciplines. We take pride in our mission to build great advertising software.
Our tech stack is constantly evolving to meet the challenges of the massive scale of transactions on which we operate. To manage the firehose of data coming in, we explore complex tradeoffs & carefully architect high performance distributed systems. Those in turn require elegant & thoughtfully designed interfaces to make the systems accessible to both our team & our customers.
As Director of Data Engineering, you'll be responsible for both our Data Platform & Optimization teams with a clear mandate to grow the teams & their impact.
The Data Platform team owns the large scale streaming system that ingests half a million events per second & delivers them to our customers in the form of logs or streams. The team also operates ETL pipelines & a data warehouse that join & aggregate billions of daily events to generate queryable reports & graphs that our customers rely upon. The team is a rapidly growing mix of junior & senior engineers & is iterating on the infrastructure as well as creating new features.
The Optimization team at Beeswax is simplifying Real Time Bidding for our customers & making it easy for them to train & deploy machine learning models on our platform. To do that, they are building systems that provide customers easy access to their data, algorithms to train their models & APIs to easily deploy & evaluate the performance of their models. The team owns data pipelines, Spark clusters & also high performance C++ serving systems.
You will succeed in this role if:
- You love the people challenge of building a high performing team - meaning recruiting, inspiring & developing your team members, & delivering business results on a constant & consistent basis
- You are enthusiastic about developing efficient processes for the team
- You enjoy the occasional bee pun
- You operate well in the unknown & aren't afraid to take risks & learn from your mistakes
- You champion engineering & operational excellence, establishing metrics & process for regular assessment & improvement
- You have an ethic of service & focus on making customer driven decisions
Ideal candidates will have:
- 7+ years of engineering experience & 3+ hands-on technical management experience
- Experience with large scale data warehouses such as Redshift, Bigquery or Snowflake
- Experience with streaming systems such as Kafka, Kinesis, Storm
- Experience with machine learning frameworks such as Tensorflow, Caffe, Scikit-Learn
- A track record of consistent delivery in a complex environment