We are looking for an Employee Experience & Communications leader to help ensure that all 1stDibbers have a great experience & sense of belonging at 1stDibs. In this role you will design, develop, & implement initiatives to ensure 1stDibbers across all locations are informed about the 1stDibs mission & vision, & have a sense of purpose & belonging. You will also be responsible for driving connectivity amongst our employee base, finding ways for employees to come together, get to know, & build relationships with the unique & diverse community of individuals who work here.
This role is both a strategic & hands on role, & will have the ability to impact a growing & evolving business for the future. In many ways this role is ensuring that the culture we have doesnt just happen, but rather is intentionally built with the goal of having 1stDibs be considered a great place to work with an inclusive culture.
We are seeking an experienced Employee Experience & Communications leader who can effectively build relationships with the employee base, use data to make decisions, demonstrate excellent judgement, & be able to navigate through competing priorities. You will be responsible for designing & leading initiatives that help keep all 1stDibbers connected, engaged, & informed. This role will be a part of the People Team reporting to the Chief People Officer & will also work closely with our Head of Communications.
What youll do:
- Lead the strategic development & execution of employee communications & engagement programs with an aim to build internal understanding of 1stDibs business strategy, culture, & values using a range of formats (e.g. written, experiential, digital) & channels (e.g. intranet, social, events)
- Build relationships with the employee base & represent the voice of the employees to leadership when developing programs & initiatives
- Create & execute innovative strategies for employee connectivity across teams, offices, countries, time zones etc.
- Oversee & provide guidance to all employee led resource groups & clubs by developing goals, engagement strategies, & providing budget oversight where applicable
- Implement internally led learning & development programming focused on onboarding, professional development, & leadership development
- Establish & track metrics that help correlate connectivity & communications programs to employee success & organization performance.
- Partner with leaders across the organization to implement positive employee experience practices into day to day employee experiences.
- Take a data-driven approach to employee experience & engagement, which includes owning (and iterating) on our existing framework for measuring & delivering on our goals
- Champion Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion: Be a strong voice for inclusion & belonging with internal & external audiences, championing our culture & values to audiences in all communities; Build & represent 1stDibs in external partnerships.
- Play a vital role in culture across the entire company by supporting expansion efforts globally.
- Stay abreast of industry trends & practices & use that knowledge to inform & propose initiatives
- Research & develop wellness programs for employees to ensure proper work life balance & health
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Employee Engagement, Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion, Learning & Development, or Employee Communications
- Proven track record in successfully building & maintaining employee programs that drive employee satisfaction, connectivity, & engagement
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Expertise in project management & change management
- Exceptional writing & verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building an inclusive culture
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stDibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including Amazon, Google, eBay, Mlb.com, PayPal, & Twitter.
1stDibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.