Brightflag is growing fast & transforming how the legal industry works. The designs & decisions they make daily will have a huge influence on how our 100+ customers legal departments work & how they deal with their external law firms. One of the unique things about us is our amazing customer service - our customers love us.
As a Software Engineer at Brightflag, you will play an integral part in the success of our engineering team & impact how our customers interact with our platform. We have a number of high-profile customers in Ireland, the UK, Australia, & the US, & we are growing quickly. Our engineers are ambitious & thrive on being given responsibility, expressing their creativity & solving interesting problems to help us build something exceptional. You will take full features from design to deployment across the backend stack. We work in a continuous deployment environment, meaning you will see your work go live in production very quickly.
What You Will Be Doing
- As a back end engineer, most of your time will be spent designing & building the backend of the Brightflag application
- You will be working on security features to start with
- Craft innovative & efficient solutions to technical problems
- Full ownership of features from design to deployment
- Drive the future of Brightflag products with imaginative ideas
- Directly impact the success & growth of the Brightflag platform
Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree (in Computer Science or related field) or relevant industry certifications
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role
- In depth knowledge of Java development & Spring framework
- Experience in some aspects of security in Java applications (Spring security, Authentication, Authorization, Encryption, OWASP techniques)
- Experience writing SQL queries & database design
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Proven track record of delivering software to enterprise customers
- Strong problem-solving abilities
The following are a bonus!
- High-growth startup experience
- Experience in multi-tenant SaaS architectures
Life @ Brightflag
Were growing fast & so is the experience we can offer you:
- A huge opportunity to make a real impact, to shape what we do & where we are going.
- The exposure & challenge you need to learn, grow & progress your career in a rapidly growing scale-up.
- Complex technical & business problems to solve & the trust & autonomy you need to go & solve them.
- A sound, helpful team, in a friendly, values-driven & inclusive environment.
- Competitive salary.
- Share options.
- 25 days holidays + 4 company Reset days throughout the year.
- Comprehensive health insurance, life insurance & long term illness/income protection.
- Fully flexible work location & work patterns so you can balance life at home with life at work - come to the office, work at home or enjoy a blend of both at your discretion.
- Learning subsidy of 2,000 annually, to spend as you wish, plus study & examination leave where applicable. Our bookworm program also enables you to order a book a month.. on us!
- Access to Pluralsight - the on demand learning platform for tech teams.
- The Tax-Saver or Cycle-to-Work Scheme.
- Wellbeing program & stipend.
- Home office set-up supports.
We are a diverse & inclusive bunch of people. We welcome diverse perspectives & people who make every day count & strive for constant improvement. We do not discriminate based on gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, disability, or race.
Location & Eligibility
This role offers a flexible work location across Ireland. Whether that be in the office in Dublin (as public health guidelines allow), remote from anywhere in Ireland, or a mix of office/remote work, you choose what works best for your lifestyle.
Your time is valuable. To help with your application, we advise that regrettably we cannot offer work permit sponsorship/ self sponsorship for this role.
Hello, Were Brightflag - one of the fastest-growing tech startups in the legal world - were on a mission to transform legal operations. Our patented AI-powered software combined with a best-in-class Customer Success team empowers corporate legal teams to do better, no matter the starting point. Our SaaS platform was the first to apply artificial intelligence & machine learning to legal operations management & has invested more than 100,000+ hours in its development. Using Brightflag, corporate legal teams achieve visibility into their operations, streamline internal workflows, & engage with outside counsel more efficiently. You can learn more about Brightflag Here.