1stDibs is a leading online marketplace for connecting design lovers with highly coveted sellers & makers of vintage, antique, & contemporary furniture, home dcor, art, fine jewelry, watches & fashion.
In the Sales Executive role, youll be reaching out to prospective sellers, introducing them to 1stDibs, pitching our value props, & ultimately closing partnerships with them. To find success in this quota-based role we are looking for a highly motivated self-starter who thrives in working autonomously while collaborating with the team to build impactful partnerships with the worlds most iconic Fine Art Sellers.
- Bring new sellers onto the 1stDibs marketplace & regularly achieve quarterly targets.
- Lead the entire process from initial outreach, term negotiation, & contracting signing to post-close account activation
- Manage & refine a pipeline of potential sellers & report on progress & forecast closes to achieve monthly & quarterly targets
- Envision new & creative ways to engage with potential sellers who may not be familiar with 1stDibs
- Plan approaches & pitches & share information back to the broader team on what is working, especially in new market segments
- 3+ years of professional experience, with 2-3 years of business development or sales experience with a focus area specifically for Fine Art
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills including empathic listening & an ability to synthesize information quickly
- Strong professional presence & ability to connect with external leadership teams & decision-makers at all levels of an organization
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment & work autonomously with minimal direction
- Creative, analytical, & strategic thinker
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce
- Background with luxury e-commerce experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in English, business, & marketing majors preferred
- This role is based in NYC
1stDibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.