WHO WE ARE
Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
As the head of Engagement Marketing, you will drive the company efforts to grow a team of best-in-class engagement marketers & lead them to utilize demand generation strategies & tactics to serve as the engine of predictable, repeatable growth for Braze.
WHO YOU ARE
Youre a leader who is passionate about demand generation, marketing to other marketers, growing & developing teams, & thrive in a growth environment. You are curiousabout the future & current state of the marketing industry & the constant transformation impacting brands, affected by technology evolutionand seek out data, facts, & insights to constantly iterate & evolve marketing efforts to match the market demands. You are a cross-functional leader who is comfortable with both high-level thinking & execution, & you relish change as an opportunity to blaze new trails.
WHAT YOULL DO
As head of Engagement Marketing, youll lead the team that drives demand creation & fulfillment for the Braze business. Youll partner with the companys leadership to develop, produce, & iterate on strategies & plans that create business growth.
- Deliver a world-class demand generation function at Braze that achieves predictable growth
- Produce scale & efficiency in process & execution at every stage of the funnel through cross-functional teamwork (Marketing, Sales, BDRs, Revenue Ops) to drive pipeline & revenue for Braze.
- Understand what drives results at each stage of the pre-Sales journey by persona & company typeacross both inbound lead acquisition as well as outbound account-wide engagement tactics.
- Evaluate & drive the charge on a new Marketing framework for measurement that matches the evolving landscape.
- Drive business impact/ROI for global sales cycles
- Laser focus on business goals & KPIs from qualified leads & MQLs to pipeline & closed won business quarterly/yearly.
- Demonstrate revenue impact through dashboards & reporting including budget management & technology infrastructure to adapt to learnings in real-time.
- Partner with Revenue Ops to ensure our database is governed for segmentation excellence with an eye on driving growth in acquisition, opt-ins (especially wrt GDPR regulation), & data integrity.
- Ensure the Sales team has tools, clarity, & lead-time for turnkey & tentpole programs, content, events to effectively reach key results.
- Build repeatable programs from concept & implementation to optimization
- Accountable for strategizing, developing, & helping the team execute on programs that hit pipeline & revenue goals based on data to recognize patterns.
- Proactively partner with product marketing, insights & communications, & brand marketing to build out initiatives & campaigns that drive revenueweaving them directly into a master demand generation engine that supports personas & company types & allows for a fluid feedback loop on program needs.
- Includes: industry conference/trade shows, placements for high-value lead generation, PPC & SEM/SEO, webinars, website, etc.
- Foster the growth of the people on the team
- Inspire the Engagement Marketing team on strategic programs & lead them as a player-coach with a no-task is too small for you approach
- Mentor & grow existing employees through ongoing coaching & career ladder development so they have clear paths to grow & meet our business demands
- Proven track record of building & motivating effective teams & fostering individuals career development
- Prior experience leading successful demand generation marketing initiatives across channels, lifecycle stages, & for various global audiences & buyer personas
- Expertise with data, both as the basis of driving inbound/outbound/account progress & for analysis of program results
- In-depth knowledge of account-based marketing, paid media tactics, & growth marketing strategies
- Cross-functional leader who thrives on collaboration to drive business success
- In-depth knowledge of the latest techniques in technology solutions (e.g. Salesforce, Bizible/Marketo, Engagio, Braze)
- Previous experience in B2B tech, SaaS
- Experience in growth role at consumer company a plus
- Active interest & curiosity about the evolving MarTech industry
- 15+ years experience
WHAT WE OFFER
Our aim is to foster a culture of inclusion where all individuals feel respected, are treated fairly, can achieve work-life harmony, & have an opportunity to excel in their careers.
- Excellent medical insurance & life insurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401(k)
- Daily catered lunches, snacks, & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance work & life in the way that suits you best
This position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.