What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a SRE in the Security Team, youll be a part of a team that directly impacts work across our core functions: security operations & incident response, threat intelligence, red team, & fraud & risk. We have lots of data, & deriving insights is important. Taking those insights & arming both the security team & other teams across the company is an important part of this role. This includes some data wrangling, tool development & implementation, & integration of our existing security tools with various third parties. The Security Team has a group of software engineers that focus on solving core security challenges, this role would be assigned to that team helping manage, design, deploy, & implement infrastructure required to run security tools. The ability to build a solid working relationship with our core product engineering team & others including compliance & legal is a must.
At BlockFi, our Security Team works across the entire spectrum of technologies & products that power our business, protecting over $3B in value.
This role is full-time remote, even after COVID. This is a unique role that reports into the Security Team & will be focused on solving in-house problems. The Security Team is largely remote, working across timezones & prides itself on being solutions-focused. While facing incredibly complex threats in an ever-change security landscape, BlockFi has continued to thrive & needs the right tools built by passionate & energetic people.
- Identify requirements & gaps in existing security tools & execute on projects designed to streamline workflows through well-designed software
- Map processes identifying automation & security/fraud risk reduction opportunities across lines of business; ultimately being part of the team building the tools to that end
- Partner with business stakeholders to truly understand what & how the company runs & proactively identifying areas where security tools can be implemented or existing tools enhanced to minimize business risk, & ideally, drive business value
- Knowledge of cryptocurrencies, financial services, or blockchain technology are a plus - if you dont have this, dont worry, we can teach you if youre willing to learn
- Ability to architect & deploy cloud native solutions at scale in Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of using & configuring IAM, AWS Organizations, CloudFormation, & AWS CDK
- Technical proficiency in networking, security, & encryption related services in AWS
- Strong programming background in Python or similar high level language
- Proven experience leading technical decisions & understanding their impact on users
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, & make decisions with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical & non-technical individuals
- Have extreme attention to detail without sacrificing execution rigor
- Bias towards action & own tasks end-to-end
- Work through hurdles & tactfully navigate the organization driving towards the objective
- Be a doer that can get things done & unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way
- Be thoughtful & analytical - ask why & challenge preconceived notions
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Own the companys problems like they are your own
- Obsessive drive & passion for security & building products people use
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand