Locations: American Fork, UT (HQ), New York/New Jersey, Chicago & San Francisco
Working as a member of Domos Client Services team, the Principal Consultant is expected to oversee & drive to completion enterprise services programs covering a wide variety of areas including solution architecture & strategy, implementation, & adoption. The Principal Consultant will gain an understanding of both the clients business & technical requirements in order to drive highly complex & scalable solutions. The Principal Consultant will also work collaboratively with Domos sales & technical teams to lead the design & delivery of proposed solutions to meet customer needs.
This position requires working onsite with clients a majority of the time. When not onsite, the Consultant will telecommute & travel to Domo HQ as necessary. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years of experience working hands-on with data in a software consulting role. This individual will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced & dynamic team at Domo. A successful candidate will have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight, good judgment.
- Program manages strategic engagements working with executives, end-users, technical analysts, & application designers to define the data requirements & structure to answer key business questions & solve complex business problems.
- Establishes strong relationships with our client executives & stakeholders to serve as a trusted advisor & a Domo ambassador to our most strategic customers.
- Drives strategy & adoption of Domo within a customers organization, in conjunction with the Account Executive, the Customer Success Manager, & customer executives.
- Lead discussions on customer data maturity, digital transformation, & functional/industry strategy while recommending appropriate solutions.
- Acquires deep expertise on the Domo platform to advise & train our customers on Domos capabilities.
- Works with Domo consulting team to refine project(s) solution requirements & structure for ensured success.
- Collaborates with the Domo Product & engineering teams on key Customer product features, enhancements, & issues.
- Designs & optimizes complex data transformation (SQL) strategies.
- Designs models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, & integration).
- Co-develop the data architecture/pipeline analysis, design, & build effort.
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions & integration of data into Domo's Platform.
- Consultation & mentoring customers on best practices & skills to drive greater self-sufficiency.
- Bridge the gap between business strategy & data architecture.
- 10+ years of experience creating business intelligence solutions.
- Extensive exposure to or direct SQL centric project work.
- Experience working with large data sets, data architecture, complex data pipelines, management & governance.
- Expertise with at least one of the following database technologies & familiarity with the others: relational, columnar & NoSQL (i.e. AWS, MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, MongoDB).
- Understanding of data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical & physical model design - with both traditional 3rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling, such as star & snowflake).
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables & functions (e.g. vlook-up)
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals & outcomes.
- Strong communication & presentation skills with the ability to guide an audience through clear, concise communication & decision making.
- Experience managing project activities & teams & application of structured implementation project methodologies & tools.
- Ability to demonstrate creative problem solving & independently generate solutions using analytical skills & business knowledge.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment that fosters change, creativity, & flexibility.
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly to varied requirements.
Nice to Have
- Experience or exposure to Domo software.
- Experience working with or exposure to APIs
- Experience with or exposure to scripting & big data technologies (Java, Python, R, Spark, Big Query, etc.)
- Experience defining scope & requirements for projects
- Experience with statistical methodologies.
- Experience with a wide variety of business data (Marketing, Sales, Finance, Operations, etc.)
- Experience with Large ERP systems (SAP, Oracle JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, etc.)
- Exposure to Data Science, Data Modeling & analytics