Working at Bitfury:
Bitfury is a leading emerging technologies company. At Bitfury, you can build the solutions of the future, with the most significant technologies of the millennium, in a modern & flexible workplace. We work a bit faster, & a bit smarter, so we can make the world a bit better.
Benefits of Working at Bitfury:
International Experiences & Global Impacts
Bitfury is an international company with 200+ team members in more than 16 countries. No matter your assignment, your work will support global technology initiatives & best-in-class security operations in North America, Asia & Europe, as well as help us fulfil our mission to make the world more trusted & secure.
Building the Future
We believe big data, artificial intelligence, blockchain technology, tokenized economies & cryptocurrencies are the future of our digital, global economy. Bitfury is building this future through our products that offer digitised security, asset management, government services & more. We consider ourselves first & foremost a technology company. We are a diversified organisation, with operations across multiple facets of the AI, blockchain, & digital currency sectors. If you are passionate about emerging technologies, you can build your future at Bitfury.
Accelerate Your Career
Bitfury is growing fast & looking for the next generation of leaders & entrepreneurs to help us. At Bitfury, you will be expected to create the future not just execute it. If you are a self-starter, driven & collaborative team member, you can create a dynamic future for yourself & your career at Bitfury.
Modern Workplace with Intelligent Flexibility
Bitfury lets you work in the way you need to work to make your work faster, smarter & better. We will give you the resources you need to succeed competitive pay & benefits, educational support, intellectual challenges, professional advancement, personal accommodations including remote work, & more. We pride ourselves on being less bureaucratic & a lot more impactful.
Start-up Culture with Established Results
Working with the worlds leading experts & engineers, you will have the opportunity at Bitfury to pursue results that will power your success as well as lead to the adoption of game-changing technologies. Our teams work every day to make the impossible possible, to change the game, to be agile & effective, & most of all to empower the rest of the world to do the same.
Personal & Professional Characteristics
We at Bitfury ensure our team members possess the ability to think out of the box & make the impossible possible. We are self-motivated & result-oriented, & we have an owner of the company mindset. We are constantly self-educating & developing. We are able to work in a team & collaborate. We have a do good mindset & are not afraid to dream big. And of course, we always deliver in time what we promised & with extreme attention to detail because if we are not able to do the little things right, we will never be able to do big things right.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this position will manage all aspects of general accounting for the entities under his/her responsibility including but not limited to: periodic & fiscal year-end close processes, fixed assets, cash, account reconciliations, consolidations & technical accounting to ensure accurate maintenance, recording & reporting of financial data according to generally accepted accounting principles & IFRS.
- Champions Bitfurys Vision & Mission & ensures Finance initiatives are aligned.
- Responsible for accounting operations, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets, general ledger, intercompany, banking & accuracy of financial statements in accordance with IFRS (and local GAAP where applicable).
- Oversees all aspects of the general ledger including preparation & review of journal entries, accruals, allocations & account reconciliations.
- Ensures timely & accurate periodic close requiring effective collaboration with business units & other finance department managers.
- Investigates & reconciles legacy issues & streamlines processes: drives relevant checks to ensure issues / errors which occurred previously are not repeated.
- Serves as a Subject Matter Expert in both technical & leadership aspects.
- Manages payroll & ensures regulatory compliances including issuance, remittances & reporting.
- Acts as main point of contact for the local business, initiate regular service level reviews.
- Ensures that the services provided are compliant with local/regional laws; monitor changes in laws to ensure ongoing compliance.
- Maintains & reviews internal control compliance procedures; ensuring alignment with Global procedures.
- Key contact for local external audits.
- Supports & helps drive a culture of continuous process improvement at all levels of the organisation.
- Manages & reports performance & operational metrics.
- Reviews & evaluates accounting policies & procedures, proactively recommends changes where appropriate, implements change for improved efficiency & effectiveness.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of indirect tax & direct tax (liaising with the Tax dept as appropriate).
- Leads, develops & challenges the finance team to excel.
- Fully supports the leadership team in implementing the business strategy.
- Assists in ad hoc & special projects.
- Acts in a manner consistent with Bitfurys core values & according to Bitfurys Code of Business Conduct & Ethical Behaviour.
- Complies with standards & procedures of Bitfurys health & safety manual & Occupational Health & Safety regulations.
- Recognised professional accountancy qualification i.e. ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or equivalent) & a Bachelors Degree in Finance or Accounting required.
- A minimum of 3 years post-qualified experience including tier1/2 practice, plus 2 years relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP.
- Experience & exposure to managing payroll.
- Must have strong planning, organisational, problem-solving, investigative & reconciliations skills
- Excellent computer skills, including advanced use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) with strong interpersonal skills & a strong customer service focus.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills & a team player.
- Desirable: Exposure to NetSuite Financials, & appreciation of upstream modules.
- Desirable: Cost accounting experience in managing fabless manufacturing processes.
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Self-starter that can be hands-on & work independently as well as be a member of a greater team.
- Multicultural approach, comfortable working with diverse cultures & mind-sets.
- Appreciation to work in a global organisation with employees in different time zones/regions.
- Flexibility; the need to be comfortable with ambiguity as the business grows & evolves
- Positive influencing & analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of management, contractors & employee teams.