When we started in 2012, we set out to reinvent men's basics with underwear & socks as our starting point. Today, we are a full-fledged menswear brand that powers radically-efficient wardrobing. Rooted in smart design & performance fabrics, our products are engineered to work together through our pioneering Daily Wear System.
As we continue to expand our product offering & distribution beyond e-commerce, we are looking for passionate, proactive, strategic, & creative problem-solvers to join our rapidly growing team. If that sounds like you keep reading.
As a leader at Mack Weldon, the VP of People Operations will work with Mack Weldons CEO & executive team to develop the overall team & people-related programs in four distinct areas: Human Resources, L&D, Talent Acquisition, & Office & Culture. This involves instilling metrics into the organization & putting systems in place to make sure Mack Weldon is set up for scale. The VP of People Operations will need to assess the company's current human resources requirements identifying, prioritizing, & establishing action plans for programs & systems that add value to the company. You will have a fantastic opportunity to join the leadership team at a critical moment & help us define the strategies to retain, hire, motivate, & train the people who are central to our success.
WHAT YOULL DO
- Partner with the leadership team to develop a comprehensive strategic roadmap to building the People function to support the company's growth.
- Collaborate closely with leadership & employees, understanding the business/people needs & developing & executing HR strategies & programming to support them.
- Provide advice & counsel around employee relations issues, compensation planning, as well as performance management including feedback, coaching & goal setting.
- Manage employee relations cases from initial advice through to completion.
- Oversee compensation & benefits administration, ensuring that compensation & benefits are benchmarked to market standards.
- Lead organizational change management initiatives & support leaders with building & executing communication plans associated with the change.
- Employ data driven techniques, awareness of market trends, & technical solutions to determine critical needs, identify unique opportunities for people & culture development, & automate HR systems.
- Ensure administrative record keeping & employment practices are compliant with all applicable laws & regulations.
- Develop & lead diversity & inclusion program.
Learning & Development
- Develop & execute an exceptional learning & development program.
- Lead our talent development programs including management of our talent review processes, employee retention programs, staff coaching & individual development planning, & related programs.
- Create ongoing employee development opportunities for employees & managers through training, programming, performance management, coaching, career path definition, competencies, etc.
- Leadership coaching & management training.
- Collaborate with company leaders, internal / external recruiters & Finance team to develop & iterate hiring & org plans based on the evolving business needs.
- Partner with the recruiting lead & the marketing team on Employer Branding efforts.
- Directly manage the internal recruiting team.
Office & Culture
- Maintain positive office culture by developing a strong, consistent events schedule & other events aimed at driving team engagement & collaboration.
- Ensure Mack Weldons core values are incorporated into all hiring, retention & people decision-making.
- Lead Mack Weldons D&I & culture initiatives.
- Manage, mentor & develop office manager.
WHAT WILL SET YOU UP FOR SUCCESS
- Youre an experienced people leader with a minimum of 10 years of experience working at both strategic & executional levels, ideally in a startup environment.
- You have outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, particularly in building relationships with leadership teams & managers.
- Youve lived recruiting & can help managers/recruiters land top talent.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit & previous exposure to high-growth, fast paced & collaborative environments.
- Youre motivated to understand the business & the role talent plays in driving it.
- You are a self-starter who thrives at developing new programs to attract/retain top talent.
- You have experience working closely with all levels & comfortable providing counsel & strategic recommendations.
- You have a thorough understanding of relevant employment regulations, laws, & requirements.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL
- Its all about the people. To us, diversity is a strength. We check our egos at the door & value all backgrounds & experiences. From our employees to our customers to our partnerswe build relationships that last.
- We give a shit. Every detail matters. We research, we test, we adjust. We take pride in everything we do by being thoughtful in our decision making & design process.
- We put our money where our mouth is. We work with ethical & humane partners, we act with integrity & trust, & we take ownership of our actions & mistakes.
- We build for the future. First, we listen; then we think, plan, & act for the long-term. We see problems as opportunities & take calculated risks to build a company that lasts.
- Full insurance benefits
- Open vacation policy
- Hybrid office model (in office M/T/Th)
- Great location in the heart of Nomad district
- Office snacks & drinks
- Thursday happy hours
- Free Mack Weldon gear
- Salary range of $180,000 - $230,000 *This range represents the low & high end of the anticipated base salary range for this NYC - based position. The base salary will depend on numerous factors such as: experience & qualifications for the role, experience level, skillset, & balancing internal equity relative to other MW employees.