Squarespace is looking for experienced frontend engineers with strong design sensibilities to join the Domains team.
Finding the right domain name is a critical step for establishing a brand on the web. Engineers on the Domains team are responsible for crafting a world-class user experience for our customers. The Domains product is used by millions of Squarespace customers from around the world, & engineers on this team will be responsible for supporting one of the most critical parts of a customers web presence.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 to determine if & when it is safe to return to our offices.
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers & designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Extensive experience developing large-scale application software
- Have full knowledge of the DOM, new HTML5 constructs, & CSS3
- Have experience with Single Page Application development
- Keep up-to-date with the newest technologies
- Develop features & create fulfilling user experiences
- A strong understanding of, & practical experience with, web application development
- A sincere commitment to crafting readable & dependable code
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of experience
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace