Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager of Product Innovation, who will report directly into the Director of Culinary Innovation & lead our Product Innovation team. He/She will support our physical product strategy, roadmap planning & oversee product launches from ideation through execution. This person will develop a deep understanding of our target customers & cultivate & energize a team of product development professionals that create innovative food solutions to fit their needs. He/She will keep us ahead of food trends to maintain HelloFresh as a leading brand in the Culinary space.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with Director of Culinary Innovation to set Product Strategy & Roadmaps initiatives for our Brands
- Build a product design stage-gate framework that improves our creative thinking & design output capabilities, developing great new products & improving existing products as we hear back from our customers
- Translate our Physical Product strategy to the Culinary Product Innovation & Recipe Development teams & champion innovation across the organization
- Identify gaps with current product offering & ideate solutions to fill customer needs & drive incremental growth for the business
- Partner with internal data resources to align customer needs with product designed solutions
- Develop & manage timelines, budgets, & product development initiatives for product launches
- Develop test plans & KPIs for new product launches (including pricing requirements) that align to HelloFreshs strategy & vision. Perform Post-Launch reviews on product launches to determine launch success & future iterations needed to improve product performance
- Partner with Product Management on Product positioning, naming, photography & go-to-market support plan for new product launches
- Stay current on all food-related market & competitor trends through research & benchmarking
- Become an expert in our customers taste & dietary preferences.
- Lead, coach & guide our Product Innovation team
- A Trend Seeker: you are in tune with whats happening in the culinary world, & are able to synthesize trends into product ideas aligned to our business
- An Influencer: you use your strong communication skills to effectively promote product innovation strategies & cross-functional partnerships
- Entrepreneurial: youre able to prioritize & manage your own workflow, & youre not afraid to take on responsibility & make real business impact
- Analytical: you can tackle vague, complex problems using data & logic
- Collaborative: you can work with multiple stakeholders to accomplish a shared goal & you actively solicit & respond to critical feedback when appropriate
- Adaptable: youre a quick learner who thrives in fast-paced environments, & you understand the importance of balancing a culinary mindset with business objectives
- Detail-oriented: youre careful & thorough in accomplishing tasks & have great project management skills
- Scrappy: you can quickly make sense of ambiguous situations, roll up your sleeves & get the job done
At a minimum, you have...
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline
- 5+ years of experience in product development, project management, innovation or related field in the food industry.
- Solid understanding of product strategy & recipe development
- Experience analyzing & synthesizing data into clear, actionable insights
- Demonstrated success in program or project management
- Professional Culinary training is a plus
- CPG, D2C subscription, FoodTech or Retail experience is a plus
- Experience working with google drive
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company