Company Description|Job Description
Have you ever worked for a company that actually wanted you to bring your whole self to work every single day?
Tradeshift is a unicorn in the fintech industry. We are disrupting a typically stagnant environment by connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. We recognize that business is both messy & social - two revelations that have driven the development of Tradeshift, a platform for all your business interactions.
You will be a member of an international, skilled, highly motivated & self-driven production team, & your efforts will have a direct impact on the experiences of our customers as well as establish the Tradeshift platform as a standard of world-class engineering.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, & who can set a direction for their peers.
What a day is like:
- Lead & help our product teams be successful - guidelines, reviews, with the goal to enable high velocity for all of our product teams. Support product teams that are creating their own microservices based on backend functionality.
- Plan & implement the needed changes to our backend over time to ensure that the backend is highly available, scalable, & resilient to failure. This includes writing high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code.
- Drive a long term priority list of initiatives needed to improve the backend (per business requirements).
- KPIs & monitoring for ensuring the success of the above goals.
- Identify opportunities, design & implement solutions to improve engineering productivity.
You're perfect for this role if you:
- 5+ years of experience with Java and/or JVM based languages (like Scala or Clojure).
- 5+ years experience with SQL based DBs, preferably PostgreSQL
- You can demonstrate proper software engineering practices, are pragmatic in your solutions, & take ownership for the quality of your deliveries
- You are comfortable developing on Linux / Unix operating systems
- You have experience with source control, preferable GIT
- You have worked with virtualization / container techs, like Docker or are interested in getting knowledge in that area
- You have experience in cloud solutions (AWS, Google cloud, Heroku) or you are eager to learn
- You are interested in problems around concurrency, scalability, & distributed systems
- You are fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our office in Aarhus has a palpable excitement that stems from the constant change that keeps everyone on their toes. Each employee has a voice, & their hard work pays off. No good work goes unnoticed.
Our culture began day one when three Danes poured their brains, heart, & guts into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their work with the same amount of pride & passion. One day you might find us having a ping pong match in the middle of the work day, & then you'll find us handing off projects to colleagues in different time zones so we can continue progress around the clock.
TradeShifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you might like working here:
- You love autonomy & the freedom to get your work done how you want
- You like sharing your opinions & feeling like they matter
- You want to work for a company that requires you to bring your whole self to work every day: brains, heart, & guts.
- Ambitious international startup
- Career & professional development opportunities
- Large office that provides caters to many different work-environment preferences
- Flexible work hours
- Mobile phone plan & at home internet
- Lunch & snacks daily with drinks