We are seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant who will have a central role on the Tanium Accounting team in assisting with our global revenue accounting function. We are looking for a talented & passionate individual who is organized with an exceptional attention to detail. Not only do you hold yourself to the highest level of integrity, you are passionate & take ownership in your work product.
What Youll Do:
- Review & analyze revenue contracts & document significant terms & accounting conclusions to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with Companys revenue recognition policy & accounting literature in accordance with ASC 606
- Partner & work cross functionally with other business groups (Deal Desk, Legal, Sales Operations) on non-standard customer contract negotiations & revenue recognition assessments
- Participate in month-end close deliverables including preparing & verifying the accuracy of journal entries for revenue & commissions as well as related GL account reconciliations.
- Assist with the worldwide revenue close process to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with US GAAP & the Companys revenue recognition policies.
- Maintain a customer service approach interfacing with the functional departments in relation to all aspects of responsibilities
- Support the accounting & finance functions with special projects & workflow process improvements
- Provide guidance & suggest improvements to the Companys Order-to-Cash & revenue recognition processes including to work on fine tuning processes, documenting procedures, & enhancing controls.
Were looking for someone with:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting & CPA license preferred
- 3+ years of accounting experience & in-depth knowledge of revenue recognition accounting standards (ASC 606)
- Strong analytical skills, problem solver, detailed oriented & appreciation for accuracy
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills. Ability to communicate complex scenarios & topics to team & supervisors in a clear, logical manner
- NetSuite & Salesforce experience preferred
- Working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, etc.)
- Attention to detail & ability to proactively manage his or her own work streams as needed
- Excited to work & contribute to a fast-growing, fast-paced accounting team in a hot company
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.