Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring & onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how were supporting our team & communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive & connect, whenever & wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people & 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven & learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, were looking for a full-time Analytical Linguist Manager to manage & grow a team of linguists in New York City. We use a combination of machine learning, deep learning, & pattern-based methods to drive our high-quality writing feedback. Linguists are essential to improving the quality of our checks, developing training & evaluation sets for our statistical approaches, & conducting user experiments. The team this Analytical Linguist Manager will be partnering with is critical to moving forward Grammarlys data-based approaches.
As Analytical Linguist Manager, you will:
- Lead mission-critical NLP research & Product team tasks (e.g., designing annotation guidelines, annotating content, & performing data quality control).
- Evolve & prioritize ongoing working processes associated with our data & annotation needs, (i.e., annotation guideline development, data development, etc.).
- Collaborate with Product teams to improve the feedback we provide to our users (e.g., problem-solving where to focus product-improvement efforts & overseeing portions of our annotation projects with external vendors).
- Work to build & mentor a team of Analytical Linguists to support our data & annotation needs.
Were looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER valuesis ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, & remarkable.
- Has a masters degree or holds a doctorate in linguistics.
- Brings at least 3 years of industry experience as an analytical linguist, including 1 year of management experience.
- Is a team player who enjoys linguistic annotation, evaluation, & data quality work.
- Has experience with scripting languages (preferably Python) in a Linux environment.
- Demonstrates experience with research processes & qualitative as well as quantitative approaches.
- Has experience with crowdsourcing or vendor management.
- Speaks & writes English fluently, with an excellent grasp of English grammar & communication.
- Is positive, organized, & detail-oriented.
Support for you, professionally & personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, & we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, & regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, & we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues & accomplishments with global, local, & team-specific events & programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample & defined time off, catered lunches, gym & recreation stipends, admission discounts, & more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, & we encourage allespecially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizationsto apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the New York City Fair Chance Act. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer & participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.