The VP, Architecture will be part of our technology leadership team & be responsible for the technical architecture & roadmap for all products & platforms for internal & external clients. This role will work with product & technology leaders across the organization to propose & evaluate technical solutions that meet core business requirements while managing the demands of multiple projects on fast-paced schedules. This involves solving tough technical challenges through designing efficient & elegant solutions, selecting the appropriate frameworks, & instilling patterns of software development excellence.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Architecture team, inclusive of DevOps, to build shared frameworks to be used as reference solutions for our high performing development team. Provide thought leadership, problem solving & analytical skills to solve hard-to-solve production issues impeding the availability & performance of applications.
- Research & evaluate technology solutions to select tools to solve business problems. Define & document current & future state application architectures, frameworks & roadmaps across web, client/server, SOA/API, mobile & analytics applications.
- Serve as steward, advisor, & thought leader on all matters related to aMs information assets, software technology environment, solution capabilities, emerging technologies, governance & secure coding practices. Promote & evangelize shared application services to encourage reuse, reduce costs & improve information flows.
- Define, implement, document & promote application & software architectural guidelines/standards, best practices, critical processes, controls & supporting tools in conjunction with other members of the Architecture & Software Engineering team.
- Partner with development teams to ensure that solutions align to reference architecture model & technology strategy.
- Responsible for the cloud infrastructure & DevOps to help all teams promote their code seamlessly to production using automation & CI/CD.
- Review technology-related investment proposals & verify accurate application solution estimates are provided, proposals are consistent with software architectural guidelines/standards, & potential risks have been identified.
- Work with Product Team in the analysis & refinement of business requirements that help share the architecture roadmap.
- Provide the leadership to the Architecture team to join the Agile development teams as needed to address architectural spikes.
- Provide mentoring, knowledge sharing & guidance to the development teams.
- Facilitate project/vendor workshops & meetings related to application development architectures & technology.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Companys Vision, Mission, & Values in all interactions with customers, colleagues & vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or a related field with a strong technical background in software development.
- 15+ years software development leadership experience developing, promoting, implementing and/or managing software technology-enabled solutions.; with 5+ years in managing Architecture/Software Engineering teams.
- Strong understanding & knowledge of modern cloud-native architecture patterns.
- Experience with designing & developing robust, scalable web applications in the cloud.
- Experience in developing applications with large sets of complex domain-specific business requirements & workflows, including analytics products with ML & AI capabilities.
- Strong experience in developing on big data analytics & distributed computing technologies including ApacheSpark, Cassandra, MongoDB, Airflow, Kafka, & languages including Python & Scala.
- Data modeling & database design is a plus.
- Experience in web application security is desired.
- Excellent experience & knowledge in managing the complete lifecycle of enterprise software products.
- In-depth knowledge of software development processes & process design. Experience with the concepts behind agile methodologies & continuous integration/deployment.
- Proven experience providing architecture guidance for multiple, concurrent IT software development deliverables.
- Proven experience managing the evaluation, selection, delivery & performance of technology solution providers & offerings.
- Proven experience leveraging & adopting software technology design standards, processes, methodologies, tools, & maturity models.
- Knowledge of industry trends, market influencers, regulatory environment & business strategy; must be able to translate business strategy into architecture requirements.
- Proven experience creating business-oriented presentations to communicate rationale for software architecture investments.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, & verbal communication skills to demonstrate thought leadership, promote guidelines/standards, establish oversight controls, facilitate solution design review among cross-functional stakeholder groups, establish buy-in, build consensus, surface key requirements, mentor associates & drive change.