The Connected Stay pillar is part of the Engagement org within ABU. Our primary objective is to support the Engagement ambition to #flipthefunnel & drive sustainable, long-term customer engagement with the Booking.com brand through delightful guest & partner experiences.
We understand that our relationship with guests & partners should not end once a booking is made - we aim to make sure every guest & partner has a great end-to-end experience with Booking.com, even during the stay itself.
To help us deliver Connected Stay for our guests (i.e. Online check-in, Digital Key etc.), we need to provide our Partners with the right 1st or 3rd party technologies. The quality of both the tools & services have a great impact on how efficient the business is, & how delighted the customers become during their stay.
We are looking for a Junior Product Manager to join the Capabilities team in our track. The team is focused on building out backend services that power the App Store (our online marketplace for delivering tech to partners).
As a Junior PM on the team you will be reporting to the PM in the track who owns the full scope of 2 teams & you will be owning one of the scopes. You will also be working closely with other functions in the track - Developers, Designers, Product Marketing & Business Development.
Be the voice of the customer & the driving force behind product innovation from in-depth product understanding to feature development.
- Identify customers behaviours & needs through research & analysis.
- Take ownership of the product, the prioritisation of new features & enhancements to existing features.
- Empower & collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
- Ability to work with Business Development team to extract willingness from Third Parties to commit building towards our APIs
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- User focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- Data driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isnt afraid to get their hands dirty & dives into a project to achieve success by problem solving.
- Eager to learn & aware that valuable information can come from both positive & negative results through experimentation.
- Passionate about product development & constantly looking for ways to improve it.
- Open minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile & innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated & results driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, & motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes & sizes.
- Ability to brainstorm constructively with others
- Comfortable working with different functions, especially developers
- Articulate business logic to technical partners
- Comfortable writing & giving short presentations
- Participate & occasionally facilitate team meetings
- Comfortable working with backend products (APIs & Services)
- Ability to write short stories, bugs & contributes to roadmapping
- Some experience in working with analytics tools (Google Analytics/ Grafana/ Tableau etc)
- Basic understanding of APIs & Services
- Understanding of Accounting & Billing concepts
Nice to have
- Understanding of different product builds cycles - waterfall, agile etc
- Understanding of GTM strategy
- Experience in working with partner facing technologies
Whats in it for you?
- Performance based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonuses & stock potential.
- Trainings, monthly hackathons & opportunities to travel & attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the Booking Deal including other perks & benefits.
- Company sponsored family & social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other & Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.