Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want interns who are passionate about creating tools that our customers & peers will love.
Our Data & Analytics team is looking for an intern who is excited about data science, analysis, & model building to help build out our growing suite of tooling & dashboards. The ideal candidate has experience with visualization tools, python, & SQL. Data cleansing experience is a plus!
This is a summer 2021 internship.
What Youll Be Doing:
- As an intern on the Data & Analytics team, you'll work closely with the knowledgeable & supportive engineers on the team building models & data tools that the business depends on. You'll fully participate in the entire development cycle during each of our 2-week sprints as a member of the team.
What Well Expect From You:
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree in Data Science, Operations Research, Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Demonstrable critical thinking & analytical skills, including the ability & confidence to make conclusions & recommendations from data
- Experience building data visualizations, dashboards & reports
- Experience querying data (SQL), & ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience with statistical modeling tools such as Python, R, SAS, etc.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note, our intern program will be held remotely this summer.