Responsible for the development & implementation of changes to Finance processes & controls
Since GoCardless was set up in 2011, we have been focused on taking the pain out of getting paid so that our customers can focus on what they do best. We already process over 7bn each year for thousands of businesses, & we are growing fast.
We work with a huge range of organisations: small gyms & scout groups use us to reduce admin; fast-growing companies like Funding Circle use us to power their growth; established companies like TripAdvisor use us to dramatically reduce failure rates.
Weve been spending the last year expanding our offering outside of UK & Europe & are now operating 7 different payment schemes (and will be adding the US early next year) & serving merchants in over 30 countries, with offices in Melbourne, Paris, Munich & of course, London (our HQ).
Were backed by some of the worlds leading investors including Balderton Capital, Accel Partners, Notion Capital, Passion Capital & Y Combinator.
The Financial Control & Reporting Team
The Financial Control & Reporting is now in an exciting transitional stage with many new projects to get involved in as the company expands. Its a great time to join the team & we are seeking candidates to develop throughout their training & then onto future opportunities at Gocardless. The team:
- Manages the month end close & management account production
- Ensures that all of the company's financial practices are in line in statutory regulations & legislation
- Has responsibility for ensuring aspects of FCA compliance, including capital adequacy testing
- Manages debt facilities, business bank accounts, fee sweep reconciliations, client money reconciliations, foreign exchange risk, cash flow, Treasury policy related to business funds & maintains relationships with banking institutions & the internal teams, especially Banking Operations
- Has responsibility for the preparation & filing of statutory accounts in the jurisdictions in which we operate
- Manages group & local audits & maintains relationships with auditors & tax advisors
- Manages billing, accounts receivable & payable
- Manages payroll
- Has responsibility for UK & international tax, VAT & corporate structure management, as well as relations with HMRC
- Has responsibility for financial processes & controls
- Has responsibility for financial systems (incl Netsuite)
- The role will report to the Director, Financial Control & Reporting & is responsible for the project management of changes to Finance business processes.
- The role will lead activities to document, analyse & recommend improvements to processes to address control & reporting weaknesses & improve efficiency.
- Initially, the role will manage & represent the requirements of the Finance team in a cross-functional project to implement the process & system changes to support a significant product change. This is expected to include the selection & implementation of a billing system & will address existing reporting & control weaknesses in the order to cash cycle.
- Document & analyse the existing purchase to pay cycle, developing a proposal to address existing weaknesses. Manage stakeholder & management approval & the implementation of process & system changes required to deliver the agreed changes.
- The role has a remit to review & develop all Finance process cycles to the level expected of a public company & is expected to implement mechanisms for the & monitoring of control effectiveness & to manage this on an ongoing basis.
- The business is rapidly expanding into international markets & additional requirements are expected.
What we're looking for
- You are a qualified accountant with over 5 years of PQE
- You have substantial experience (over 5 years) in working in a related role, such as internal audit, project management or Finance systems.
- You have demonstrable experience of success in project management, specifically related to managing the implementation of change to Finance processes.
- You are an effective influencer & thrive in a changing environment.
- You have integrity & an analytical approach.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.