Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
As the Director of Commercialization, you will be responsible for working with Product & Segment Marketing Managers to create unified GTM strategies for pricing, promotions, programs & channel enablement that maximizes the financial goals for the business. You will be responsible for developing the strategy for promotions & offers, the strategy for upsell/cross-sell, the strategy for introducing new demand sources & distribution channels, & the strategy for enabling current channels to exceed forecasts. You will also be working with the product development teams to create new monetization capabilities. These strategies will be based on data, customer insights & the brand promise that results in a highly effective shopping experience online & in-app that drives engagement, reduces friction & ultimately improves conversion. You should have a deep understanding of Mailchimp customers & prospects, as well as a deep understanding of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, the overall martech market, & the competition globally.
In this role you will develop new strategies, processes, & frameworks for efficient & effective merchandising of the Mailchimp Marketing Platform, each of its channels & products, & customer-relevant bundled solutions. You will execute testing & optimization to inform businesses cases & drive growth initiatives. The successful candidate will work closely with the rest of the Product Marketing team, the Integrated Marketing team, Product Management, & Revenue Management to develop & execute strategies.
What you'll do here:
- Set the overall commercialization strategy & plan to drive acquisition, growth & retention.
- Create promotions & manage a promotional calendar
- Create business cases for pricing, promotions, bundles, & add-ons
- Make recommendations for changes to merchandising based on market trends, opportunities, promotions & competitor activities
- Partner with Product Management & CX teams to develop functionality, requirements recommendations & priorities for merchandising needs on the site & in-app, providing input & partnering to execute launches.
- Create Marketing Programs that deliver new demand generation channels & new channels of distribution
- Create sales & partner enablement
- Create testing & experimentation plans to inform commercialization strategy
- Work with the web team to analyze site metrics & make recommendations to improve conversion & ARPU
- Create & maintain relevant reports & KPIs that detail the effectiveness & business impact of the commercialization strategy execution
- Lead & manage small team of marketers in support of these responsibilities
- Monitor competitive merchandising activities, identifying gaps & opportunities
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ yrs marketing & merchandising/commercialization experience in B2SMB or B2C businesses ideally in the Martech, SaaS, cloud or mobile technology industries
- Extensive experience creating bundles & promotional strategies for SaaS products
- Extensive experience creating & managing Marketing Programs
- Proven experience creating & managing sales & partner enablement activities
- Experience creating compelling messaging & positioning for different segments & personas
- Proven experience managing growth initiatives including testing & optimization; Six Sigma certification preferred
- Deep knowledge of pricing theory & how it drives consumer behavior
- Ability to craft compelling stories for SMBs that drive interest & engagement with our solutions
- Experienced marketer that understands how to use the full marketing toolkit
- Technically savvy & intellectually curious about new technologies & how they work/enable new customer solutions
- Avid learner who has experience learning new markets & industries & devising solutions & marketing strategies to reach those markets
- Strong teaming skills & experience to bring together diverse views & communicate/collaborate effectively
- Strong creative, problem solving & strategic thinking abilities
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize work to drive results on-time & with high quality
- Exceptional critical thinking, analytical & quantitative skills
- Proven experience leading & managing teams
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.