SoundHound is creating & productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies & award winning productswere just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication & fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees & users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, & weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, & the opportunity to call a company thats simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
Welcome to Client Engineering at the company responsible for one of the most popular Music & Sound Search applications in the iTunes Store, & the ground-breaking voice technology powering the Hound personal assistant. In this position, you'll play a key role in the development of our next generation Audio Recognition apps, taking SoundHound'shighly-sophisticated backend technology & creating a polished UI/UX to delight our hundreds of millions of users & maintain SoundHound's place as THE go-to app for Music Search & Exploration. To achieve this, you're an experienced Mobile Engineer with a deep knowledge of the iOS platform, who enjoys working as part of a tight-knit team comprised of passionate, innovative & highly-collaborative Developers. You believe things like SoundHound's unique 'LiveLyrics' feature & Hound's ability to interpret complex queries are awesome, & would relish the opportunity to sign your name to even cooler functionality within future products. Sound good? Read on!
- Work on iPhone/iPad application architecture & drive development using the latest mobile standards in music & social gaming.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts & specifications into released iPhone/iPad applications & features.
- Interact daily with the systems & processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Fluency in & a deep knowledge of C, Objective-C, CocoaTouch, & iOS programming.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, & concurrent programming
- Strong experience detecting & correcting memory usage issues, & optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules & small teams, & it takes a certain kind of energy & drive to get it done!
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis, CoreAnimation, OpenGL, & Social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Download & use our iPhone/iPad app. We'll talk to you about the experience as a part of the interview process.
- Apply through our website. Please be sure to include an appropriate cover letter.
- If you have shipped any iPhone/iPad apps that you are proud of, point us in their direction.
- Engineer, Cocoa, iPhone, iPad, UIKit, Objective-C, Xcode, Mac OS X, OpenGL, CoreGraphics, CoreAudio, iPod Touch, Apple.