About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Were looking for a Senior Experience Designer (UX) with demonstrated experience owning the UX design process on complex projectsfrom concept to execution. The Senior Experience Designer must be self-directed & able to function as an independent contributor, but also thrive working collaboratively with cross-functional teams including product managers, engineers, UI designers, marketers, & stakeholders. Our projects can span across our site, app, retail tech, & even internal tools, & demand expertise in research, flow-mapping, information architecture, interaction design, information design, & user testing.
Youre a great candidate if you enjoy being the voice of the user, taking into consideration user needs & best practices when designing new features, & thinking holistically about the impact your work is making on the business. Flexibility & the ability to prioritize in a changing business environment will make you successful in RTRs results-oriented culture, as will the ability to perform under pressure, act with professionalism & maturity, & seamlessly manage multiple digital initiatives, all while bringing energy & creativity to work each day.
- Create innovative experiences that meet both business goals & requirements, & user needs & expectations
- Own the UX design throughout the lifecycle of a project, from the initial brief to ongoing consultation through implementation/launch
- Identify & create the best UX deliverables for a given project, from flow diagrams & low-fidelity prototypes to help define a complex user flow, to detailed information & interaction design to help users process digest content
- Facilitate & participate in cross-functional brainstorming sessions to define business & project objectives, while discussing various solutions
- Lead & manage usability tests (setting up screeners, discussion guides, & moderating users)
- Interface with product managers, UI designers, engineers, product marketers, & other stakeholders
- Bachelors degree plus 7+ years of UX design experience, including 4+ years experience working on highly functional and/or transactional experiences; e-commerce experience a plus, but not required
- Strong understanding of design principles & the UX process, & how to balance those with the needs of the business
- Ability to create & present strategic experiences that ladder up into business goals & opportunities
- Excellent verbal & written skills to be able to communicate to both technical & non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize tasks & meet deadlines under pressure with little management
- Strong attention to detail & organizational skills
- Strong sense of accountability & ownership of projects
- Experience presenting to executives & guiding decisions for enhancements, features or redesigns
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Fluency in or strong working knowledge of Sketch
- Ability to prototype in InVision and/or Principle
- Ability to provide UI designs a plus, but not required