Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our growth we are seeking a Director, Technical Accounting & Financial Reporting to join our Finance & Strategy team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? The ideal candidate is a CPA who loves GAAP & researching ASC & IFRS Topics, & knows how to build financial reports & write footnote disclosures. You will report to the VP Finance & be based in our New York City office.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What youll do:
- Prepare consolidated & individual entity monthly, quarterly, & annual financial reporting packages that include the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Statement of Cash Flows, & Statement of Stockholders Equity, along with relevant disclosures when required
- Design & implement a monthly reporting package that complies with creditor requirements, including calculating our Borrowing Base in the format required by the creditor & providing reports as required by debt covenants
- Analyze Aways current & future financial position & highlight risks to debt covenant requirements
- Research new & existing accounting standards & leverage the standards to develop & write internal accounting policy memos & financial disclosures, partnering with Aways audit firm & external technical consultants as needed
- Provide guidance to Aways leadership team on business considerations related to the adoption of new accounting standards
- Provide ongoing training & coaching to the Accounting team to ensure accounting operations support the financial statement & debt covenant reporting process & comply with accounting policies
- Implement & maintain internal controls & financial reporting technology to ensure accuracy & timeliness of financial reporting
Who You Are:
- Minimum 7+ years of progressive accounting or financial reporting experience, with at least 2 years of public company experience
- Technical expertise in US GAAP & IFRS; CPA required
- External/statutory reporting expertise, including understanding of or experience with public company reporting requirements
- Experience with ABLs & calculating a Borrowing Base preferred
- Experience with financial reporting technology preferred
- Experience working in retail or manufacturing businesses
- Extreme attention to detail
- Team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
- You can show proof of COVID-19 vaccination & adherence to HQ COVID office policies using Bindle, a secure platform that verifies vaccination status without sharing private health information, within 30 days of hire
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.