At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft connects people to transportation to change the way we live & get around our communities. We are looking for product managers who bring exceptional creative & analytical skills to drive forward a best in class product. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, & design to achieve the companys vision for reinventing transportation. We are looking for entrepreneurial & passionate Product Managers to innovate & execute across a rapidly growing, fast-paced company & industry from our growing New York City office.
As the Product Manager, Ride Experience, you will be part of the team that owns the core rider experience & solves problems for the most common flows, from app request to in-ride experience. By working on the most common rider flow experiences on Lyft, you will strive to earn riders trust by becoming the most trusted rider experience. You will work on a large number of rides where communication needs to flow seamlessly across both the rider & driver applications holistically. Working with data scientists, engineers, research scientists, user researchers, this team sits as part of the larger rider organization.
- Understand Lyft's strategic & competitive position. Set your team's goals, success metrics & roadmap to align with Lyft's mission & drive maximum impact based on data analysis, market research & usability studies.
- Completely own your team's products, existing or new, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth & maintenance.
- Lead & align cross functional partners & teams: engineers, designers, analysts, marketers, business partners & operations to drive a shared vision.
- Communicate clearly roadmaps, priorities, experiments & decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience owning consumer facing problems
- Experience in product management, product design or equivalent consultant experience
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Passion for Lyft & what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Natural ability to make things happen around you. You manage project ambiguity, complexity, & interdependencies in an organized & structured way. Be able to define & analyze metrics that inform the success of products
- Excellent judgment & thoughtfulness about the dynamics of a product ecosystem
- Strong communication skills & intuition for communication strategy at every level -- within teams, within the company, to users, to press, & other audiences
- Experience leading post-launch optimizations including developing testing strategies
- Ability to conceptualize, manage, & prioritize multiple projects for stakeholders
- Detail oriented with superior organizational skills -- balancing multiple projects, deadlines, & requests should be second nature to you
- Experience working with mobile focused products is a plus
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.