About BuzzFeed & HuffPost
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet. BuzzFeeds portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, HuffPost, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved, to name a few.
In 2021, BuzzFeed acquired HuffPost, a leading source of news & commentary for the most diverse & connected generation ever. HuffPost believes in putting people before power & telling the stories that too often go unheard, from the voices that matter. With this acquisition, BuzzFeed reached an unrivaled scale, engagement & cultural impact.
Were looking for an experienced product manager to grow our global HuffPost consumer-facing experiences. This includes our HuffPost site & app. You will have a passion for news, leading a team to launch & improve impactful products. You will define a strategy to grow, retain, & monetize our news audience while improving on the experience we have today. You will report to the Director of Product for News.
- You will partner closely with the Product Director for News, HuffPost PDE leadership (product, design & engineering), HuffPost newsroom leadership, & BuzzFeed technology leadership to develop & execute on the strategy & roadmap for HuffPost.
- Your responsibility over the HuffPost experience will span the global HuffPost consumer-facing products which includes HuffPost.com, the HuffPost App, & our Google AMP, Facebook Instant Articles, & Apple News pages.
- You will be responsible for understanding how people are using HuffPost products & how to achieve business success by meeting user needs.
- You will set OKRs, define the roadmap, write project plans, prioritize the teams work, & communicate & coordinate the teams plans with partners within & outside of the newsroom.
- Experienced: You have 4+ years of hands-on experience launching & managing digital products, ideally for a news consumer experience.
- Collaborative & communicative: You have an ability to work well & communicate with engineers, designers, & data scientists experience working with journalists & business partners is a plus.
- Curious & analytical: You are proficient in data & insights. You regularly size opportunities & dont merely accept outliers in data, but actively investigate & dive into the numbers & research to find novel insights & new product ideas.
- Comfortable in the spotlight: You will need to work with & help influence senior leaders across the company to promote the teams vision & product strategy in a complex problem space.
- User focused: You have a deep empathy for user problems & use this to identify solutions to enhance & improve their experience
- Passion for journalism: You have a passion for journalism & believe in the mission of HuffPost.
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.